61. Fevers & Phone Calls

December 19th 2017

Karlie's POV

We arrived home yesterday after a wonderful week in the Caribbean. Andrea and Scott swore not to say anything about our engagement so that we can still tell our families together, but they still don't know that Tay and I will be surprising them on the same day with the news we were engaged more than a week before I proposed to Taylor.

"Karlie?" I'm sitting in my office as I hear Taylor calling my name and then opening the door. "Is everything okay, babe?" I ask, smiling as she walks in with Matilda in her arms. "I just spoke to Tree, she wants to talk to us about something, so she's stopping by in a bit." She moves to my side, her hand resting on my shoulder as I look up to her. "Did she say what it's about?" I ask, knowing that Tree only usually gets involved when it's serious or work related. "She didn't, but she didn't sound worried on the phone so I don't think we should be worried." I nod as she glances over my screen. "What're you up to?" She asks and I take Tilly to cuddle as I look back to the screen. "I'm organising the Kode with Klossy camps for next summer. It looks like it's going to be amazing." I grin proudly because I'm so proud of the way this programme has been built from the ground up to inspire young girls into doing something I'm so passionate about.

Taylor wraps her arms around my neck as her head sits on her arms so she's eye level with me. "I'm so proud of you, Kar. You're so many different kinds of brilliant." I press a kiss to her lips as she smiles and I look down at Till. My hope is that one day, our girls will be able to look back on the work and the dedication Taylor and I put into everything we do and they'll want to mirror that. Maybe they'll even learn to code like I did, but maybe they'll be amazing musicians like their mom. Maybe they'll be totally different from us in every way, but honestly it makes no difference to us. If they work hard and have good morals then that's what matters to me and Tay.

"I could use a break, coffee?" I offer as she lets go and Taylor nods as she follows me downstairs. "Hey baby bug." I smile as Kimby comes out of the playroom with Maisie on her hip. "Mama." She coos and holds her arms out to me. "I can't right now, bug. I've got your sister. We can cuddle in a little while." I kiss her temple and she keeps reaching out to me so I tell Kimby to put her down and I take her hand but she doesn't like that option much either and starts screaming. I kneel down to her level and Look at my baby right in the eyes as I hold her little waist to keep her there. "Maisie bug, Momma is holding Tilly so she can't hold you too. I'm sorry baby, but you can't have it your way all the time." I wipe the tears from her cheeks and she whimpers. "Will mommy suffice, baby?" Taylor holds her arms out to the little one who immediately takes the embrace from her mom.

We go into the kitchen and Taylor sits Maisie down in her high chair so she's not crawling all over the place, and I lie Tilly down in her swing. "When do mom and dad get here?" Kimby looks up to me as I start making coffee, "they're flying in with Kari on Friday, and Kris is driving up with Joey and Mia on Saturday." I tell her as I grab a couple of mugs from the cabinet. Taylor and I still haven't organised sleeping arrangements which is something we should probably think about. "And they're staying till the 1st, right?" I nod again as I pour the coffee.

"What is it, sweet girl?" I coo as Maisie starts to cry in her highchair. I sit the two mugs down in front of Taylor and move to Maisie. I take the tray off of her highchair and unclip her before lifting her into my arms. She keeps crying and I look at Taylor who has no idea what's wrong with her either. "I'm gonna change her diaper." I grab a diaper and wipes from the unit nearby and lie her down on the changing mat that's on the end of table in here.