46. Starry eyes sparking up my darkest nights

October 13th 2017

Taylor's POV

Today the twins hit their due date and they're exactly a month old already, so they're going for their one month check up and I have to go for my one month postpartum check up too. I finally revealed the twins' genders on Instagram this morning, Karlie and I discussed it before hand and I decided to post a picture of her from last week. She's wearing the oversized shirt that she had been asleep in, her hair is tied up out of her face in a top knot and both twins are lying against her chest because she was pacing our bedroom floor at 2am to try and get them back to sleep. She's smiling as she kisses Theo's head and I caught her off guard so she's looking down the camera lens. Tilly's wearing a pink sleeper covered in unicorns and rainbows and Theo is wearing a pair of pyjamas with grey bottoms and a pale blue shirt covered in white stars and socks on his little feet.

It only gives subtle hints to their gender but it's enough for people to start piecing the puzzle together. I captioned it 'We're tired and missing Momma today, but happy due date to our angels! We can't believe they're a month old already.' I chose that picture because Karlie's been working away the past couple of days and I so desperately want her home already but she won't be home until Sunday.

"Hey there." I hear a voice and then feel a pair of arms wrapping around me from behind and soft lips pressing a kiss to my cheek. "You're home!" I squeal as I turn around on the spot and wrap her in my arms, kissing her over and over again. "You're early! I missed you." I pout as I pull away from Karlie, keeping my arms wrapped tightly around her neck as she grins. "I know, baby. I missed you too, so we ran longer into the night the past couple of days and the other girls weren't complaining about getting home early." She kisses me again as she looks into my eyes.

She's been in New York the last few days to do a shoot for vogue, and I missed her like crazy but we both knew it was easier for her to go and for me to stay at home with the kids. "Where are my babies, I want cuddles." She lets go of me and I laugh, telling her that they're in the playroom and following her out of the kitchen. Maisie's playing on the floor with her stuffed animals and the twins are in their swings, happy and milk drunk since I fed them about 20 minutes ago.

"There's my girl." She grins as she picks Maisie up from the floor and the little girl laughs as Karlie lifts her up in the air above her head before peppering her face with kisses. "Were you good for mommy?" She holds Maisie's cheek against hers as she cuddles her, kissing her little cheeks as Maisie plays with the zipper on her coat. "She was, but mommy might have broken the rules a little." I scrunch my nose up as I sit down on the sofa and Karlie sits down beside me as she raises her eyebrows. "What did mommy do?" She asks, talking to Maisie but aiming the question at me.

"She may or may not have brought Maisie into the bed with her when she cried-" Karlie whips her head around and goes to start speaking but I hold my finger up, "but momma has to remember that mommy was alone with three babies, two of whom she had to breastfeed and it broke her heart to hear Maisie crying in her crib when mommy couldn't get to her straight away." I cross my arms and her face softens, I knew that would work.

"This was your rule, Tay." She shakes her head at me as she looks down at Maisie who's playing with her toy in Karlie's lap. "I know, but the twins were in the bed with me in the dock-a-tot, which by the way they love, and they were all sleeping on your side of the bed and it meant I got cuddles from her that I haven't had really since she started sleeping in her crib." I pout and she smiles, she couldn't be mad at me, I was just trying to manage without her.

"Where was Kimby during all of this? Couldn't she have helped out?" She looks up and I shrug, "I assume she was in classes during the day and then she'd come home, stay to for about an hour and then go out again." The girl has been kind of reclusive, and I've been so busy that I didn't even think about questioning it. "Remind me to talk to her when she gets home." Karlie frowns and I nod as I reach forward to take Matilda out of her swing and Karlie does the same with Theo.