34. A fragile line

July 17th 2017

Karlie's POV

"Can you bring me the bag?" Taylor shouts to me as I stand in the closet. "Which one?" There are at least three in here, "the black leather one." She calls back and I grab it along with what I came in here for originally. "Here." I smile as I sit it beside her on the bed. Andrea and Scott offered to take the kids to the zoo today so Taylor and I decided to take the opportunity to pack the hospital bags since she could go into labour anytime between next week and her due date.

"Thank you babe." She smiles as she continues folding a pair of shorts. "Are you really going to wear that?" I laugh as she pulls out a black sweatshirt with the words 'I love cats' printed over the front, but she just raises her eyebrows at me. "Stupid question, of course you are." I shake my head, she's so unbelievably herself and I love her for that. "What're you going to wear home?" I look at her and she holds up black leggings, a green sweater and nursing bra. "Is that all you have left to pack?" Everything else around her is either in her bag or being folded. "Yep, then we have to do the twins' bag." I nod and go into the bathroom to grab the toiletries bag I usually keep in my carry on when I'm working, I add a couple of the things Taylor has in hers, just in case she under packs or runs out. I'm basically taking what I'd usually carry in my carry on but in smaller scale, because with that thing I'm prepared for anything.

"Karlie," Taylor sings my name from the main room and I walk back in to see her zipping up her bag. I put my toiletries in my bag and then kiss her cheek as I grab both bags and move them to the top of the stairs to take them to the car later, it's better to be safe than sorry in my opinion.

"Do you need a hand getting up?" I laugh as I walk back into the room to find Taylor struggling to climb off the bed. "Less of the sarcasm, more helping." She holds her hands out and I pull her up onto her feet. "Thank you." She rolls her eyes but keeps ahold of my hand as we walk along the hall and into baby girl's room. We haven't had a chance to divide out their clothes yet, so everything was washed and now lies in washing piles all over the room to be moved to their designated place.

"Baby boy's things are over there, baby girl's are here and there are some neutral things on the dresser." Taylor has been putting her all into getting ready for these babies, and organising their clothes is just another thing she has yet to tick off of her list. "We need two outfits and three sleepers each and then extra onesies, just in case." I nod and then set about looking through baby boy's clothes- picking out a neutral white and grey outfit with clouds on it, a green and blue dinosaur outfit and then three little sleepers- a plain one in two shades of grey, a black and white one with a little monkey on it and the dinosaur print one that I bought all those months ago. I smile as I remember that day, we were so scared about the fact that we could've lost them but I had hope, I've always had hope.

I turn back to Taylor who seemingly had the same idea. She has a simple plain white outfit with stars on the onesie, a pink and blue dinosaur themed outfit, a plain sleeper in two shades of pink and another covered with little sausage dogs as well as the pink dinosaur one we got to match baby boy. "This is why I love you." I joke and she rolls her eyes, I've got a thing about dinosaurs right now and I think Taylor's starting to take it on too. "Can you get the little matching outfits your mom bought to bring them home in?" She sits in the rocker as she starts folding clothes and I nod, taking the bag out of the closet.

"I'm still so in love with these." She notes as she takes the two little outfits out of the bag. They simply consist of a pair of grey and white striped pants, a white onesie and one has a hat to match the pants and the other has a bow. "They're adorable." I smile as I fold a onesie and place it in the bag. We move on from outfits to onesies then socks, and then mittens and eventually we're completely done with clothes. I grab receiving blankets and swaddling blankets from baby boy's room, mainly since his are all grey and neutral whereas baby girl has a lot of muted pinks and purples. They have matching blankets that's we're bringing, both white with little grey stars covering them. Taylor keeps folding things as I collect everything we need- pacifiers, wipes, diapers, burp cloths, etc. And whilst we're at it we end up packing their diaper bag too.