4. Tied Together With A Smile

(For those who don't wanna read the full thing again, the ending is different and that's all that's changed.)

July 10th 2016

Taylor's POV

"I'm going to miss you so much." My mom sobs as I hug her goodbye. I'm at their home in Nashville and my plane is leaving for London in an hour. "I'll see you a lot sooner than you think, I promise." I try to fight back the tears in my eyes. This day has come far too soon and I know that I'll change my mind if I start to cry. They started to come around to my idea, the more I told them about Adam, the more they realised that I was making the right choice, but in this second if they asked I would stay.

"You take care of my grandbaby, okay?" There's a watery smile on her face and she wipes a stray tear that decided to fall from my eye. I nod and smile, "I'll miss you too mom." I breathe out and try to regain my composure before pulling away. "Be careful, honey." My dad wraps me in a bear hug, but for once I don't complain- because if I'm honest, I'm going to miss it. "I'm always careful." I smile, kissing his cheek before stepping back.

All my stuff is in the car and all I have left to do now is say my goodbyes, "we'll be out to see you soon, take care of yourself." They each hold one of my hands and I squeeze them tight before letting go. "I will and we'll be okay, I promise." I sigh and let go.

I pull up my hood as I turn to leave the house. I'm dressed down so that I can blend in as much as possible until I get out of the states, if they see me leaving then they'll surely figure out where I'm going.

I wave goodbye to them as I close the door behind me. The cars are already waiting outside and I climb into the back of the second one.

"How did they take it?" Karlie asks as she looks over to me as the car starts to follow the other out of my parents driveway. I take a moment to compose myself before meeting her eyes, "not well." I sigh and she pulls me into her side the best she can in the moving car. Karlie insisted on coming with me, she didn't want me being alone for the first couple of days but I've got a feeling that I'm going to be seeing a lot of her even after the next few days.

"It's going to be fine, Taylor, I promise. they have Austin and it's not like they're never gonna see you again." My head rests on her shoulder as she talks and I look up as she looks down. I laugh as our eyes meet, the first real smile I've been able to muster all morning. I hear Olivia crying desperately to be set free from her cat carrier hell and laugh as I ask Karlie to pass her to me.

"You treat these cats like they're humans." She shakes her head as she unzips Olivia's carrier and picks her up before handing her over. "They're my babies," I reply as I hold the cat in front of my face, "isn't that right, Dibbles?" I make a pouty face at her as she paws at my nose and I shake my head as I settle her in my lap.

We're going to be okay, we have to be okay.

•••

"Taylor, this is beautiful!" Karlie exclaims as we walk through the door of my new house. "I haven't seen it properly yet." I note as we walk inside together. My team managed to find this place really quickly since I didn't exactly give them a lot of time, but from what I've seen it's gorgeous.

It's smaller than my other houses but it's in a quiet neighbourhood, there's a guest house for my security and my friends are nearby.

"Why don't we look around then?" She smiles and I grab her hand. The downstairs has a living-room, kitchen, dining-room and bathroom, whilst upstairs there are three bedrooms and a second bathroom. I show her the room that's going to be mine and the one right next door that will end up being the baby's. But, she wasn't expecting it when I took her hand and led her to the last empty room, "and this will be yours, for whenever you're here anyway.. which I'm feeling is gonna be a lot."