18. Swaying As The Room Burned Down

(I want your genuine opinions on this storyline and if you all hate it, then let me know and I'll write something else. All I ask is you give it a chance. 💛)

February 4th 2017

Taylor's POV

"Taylor. Tay, come on, you need to get up." I rub her back gently as she groans and I lean down closely so that I'm talking in her ear. "Your parents are downstairs." I move away and she almost immediately jumps up. "What time is it?" She mumbles and I laugh softly as she searches the nightstand for her glasses. "It's almost 6am, we need to leave here by 7." I remind her and she nods as she runs her hands through her scraggly bed head.

She had a long night last night so I tried to let her sleep as long as possible, but I knew she'd want to be awake when her parents got here. "You can sleep on the plane, but you need to get up." She nods and pulls the covers off, standing up but I see her face go pale and she tries to regain her balance so I rush round the bed and stabilise her before she falls. "Are you okay?" I ask as she starts to go back to normal, "I just got a little dizzy." She tries to brush it off yet again, this is the third time this has happened in a week.

"I'm making breakfast, so when you're ready we'll be waiting for you, okay?" I tell her with a smile and she nods, kissing my cheek before walking off towards the bathroom. I shake my head  as I turn and leave the room. Taylor's mom and dad, as well as Austin, are all downstairs since they're flying in with us and i left Maisie with them so I could wake Taylor.

"Is this all of your luggage?" Scott asks as I reach the bottom of the stairs. He's slightly confused and I'm not surprised, there's only one suitcase. "No," I laugh "that's just mine and Taylor's. Maisie's is still upstairs." We're only going for the day and then flying home again tonight so we don't need much but Maisie has a hell of a lot of stuff she needs. We had to pre-prepare bottles and everything. "I'll go and grab it." I tell him as I turn to go back upstairs.

I open the door to the bedroom and Maisie's bag is sitting in her crib with some stuff we never finished packing scattered around it. I throw the rest of it, mainly diapers and spare clothes inside and look around for the pack of wipes. I can't find them so I knock on the bathroom and wait for Taylor to open it so I can't find out where they are, but it stays closed. I push it open thinking that she had left but when I find her yet again, hunched over the toilet, I sigh and rush to her side.

"Hey, you're okay." I soothe her as I rub her back and pull her hair back out of her face. She slumps back against me when it's over and I just hold her as she regains a little energy. "This is the third time, Taylor. After today, you're definitely going to the doctor." I tell her and she sighs, not even retaliating this time.

She pushes herself up off of the floor and walks over to the sink, opening the cabinet underneath and pulling something out of it. She walks back over and sits cross legged on the floor in front of me. Then she looks into my eyes with the sadness ever so evident in hers and sighs, "Karlie, I'm pregnant." She hands me a positive pregnancy test and I'm in shock. "How is this even possible?" I ask, unable to break my eyes away from the stick in my hand with the simple word, 'pregnant'.

"I didn't think it was possible to get pregnant just after having a baby, but apparently it is and then Adam..." she trails off at the end and I sigh, sitting it down and reaching for her hand. "What're you thinking?" I ask and her eyes fill with tears as she shakes her head. "I don't know, Kar. Maisie's only two months old and at least when I fell pregnant with her, I loved Adam. This is a whole other scenario." I bring my hand to the side of her face, lightly wiping her tears away with my thumb. "It doesn't matter what you decide to do, I'm here for you. I love you, I love Maisie and I'll love this baby if that's what you decide you want. But if you don't, I'll love you equally as much, I'm not going anywhere."