It ends here... (Sequel to Rise Against) {23}

Start from the beginning

"My daughter?" I asked. "Please bring her"

"She's safe with the other girl. And so are the adults"

"Thanks" I muttered. Not really thankful for anything he's done.

He left the room and I started feeding Daniel. Even though I haven't eaten anything really. I didn't have much to give.

Daniel is such a beautiful baby. I know I sound like most mothers. But Daniel, like Cassie. Is different.

His eyes went from blue red to a pale purple. I love his black hair. That's one thing I'm glad he got, was Jack's hair. I envy it.

It has been an hour since John had been in here. I was laying on the bed, cuddling with Daniel.

He was sleeping peacefully.

Then the door opened.

"Here is some food" John tossed it on the bed. It was a tray of food. Then he tossed some juice that was in a bottle to me.

"How do I know this isn't poison?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Your smart.. But it isn't"

"I'm surprised. Why feed us if your going to kill us?"

"Us? I'm only feeding you. I didn't realize how young the baby was. So you need to eat to feed him. Plus you look like skin and bones"

"Well John. I think your heart has grown two sizes!" I said sarcastically.

"Just eat"

"Does Jack get any?"

"He's not feeding a baby... right?" He seemed unsure.

I laughed. "Twiads are just like humans. The men don't have babies" I rolled my eyes.

He left and I started eating the food like a wolf. Even though it was killing me that Jack hadn't gotten any. The rest of them have eaten probably less then an hour ago. But Jack and I have been in here for almost two days I guess. It seems like a week or two.

It felt amazing to have eaten. It wasn't only my life I was saving.

Daniel was still asleep. He was unfazed by John coming in earlier.

I closed my eyes and thought of Jack. But it was tough to get in the connection. I was fighting to get in.

I guess Jack knew I was. Because all the sudden I saw pink. He let his wall down.

'Please don't shut me out Jack. I assume the worst' I told him.

'How are you?' He asked.

'How are you?'

'Answer me first'

'I'm perfectly fine. I passed out once and threw up about three times' I cant lie even if I wanted to. 'Daniel is with me. John gave me food so I can take care of him. He said they are all here. Penelope, Zack, Cassie, Rosie. All of them'

'I don't know what to think about that'

'Me either. I'm glad Daniel is with me. But what will happen after we die?'

'WE aren't going to die remember?'

Jack was doing some planning I was completely against. I was hurting. Because he was in pain. I felt his pain. The whole reason he shoved me out of the connection.

'Lets start making good plans. Like lets say WE do get out of here. What's our plans going to be?' I asked.

'Not go back home. That's for sure'