25: Death Threats

Chapter 25: Death Threats

I felt someone shaking me as the heaviness of my eyelids subsided just enough for me to squint. I felt a hard surface beneath me and it took me a while to realize that I had passed out and most likely was still on the cold cement of the airport.

"Jade? Love, open your eyes." Liam's voice encouraged me to open my eyes.

I felt a soothing hand embedded in mine, feeling all too familiar. There was just a gut feeling that Harry was holding my hand, that's for sure.

I squinted and blinked a couple of times. I tried to recognize the familiar faces around me as bright flashes blocked my thoughts.

Paul was yelling, along with the other bodyguards, at the paparazzi that were thirsty for information. The same facts that they would twist and turn into fiction that was extremely exaggerated.

I squeezed Harry's hand weakly as I realized that only Harry, Liam, and the bodyguards were here.

"Could I have some water?" I asked, my voice more hoarse than I expected.

Harry quickly nodded and handed me an unused water bottle. I gulped down the cool liquid within seconds and was surprised at my speed.

"I think I'm okay," I claimed as Liam and Harry nodded, both visibly worried. They stood up and helped me up also.

As the bodyguards guided us through the packed airport, I clenched onto Liam's and Harry's hands for dear life.

As much as I would love to tell them about the text messages, I knew that I couldn't. Whoever this person was, he or she was watching me at all times. It was most likely a male, considering the little nicknames he kept for me but you never know.

It made me sick knowing that every single move and every single step I would take, would be being monitored by an anonymous person. And this person was definitely a dangerous person.

A very dangerous person.

My thoughts were broken as I was pushed into a bus. Not just any bus, but a tour bus. I quickly glanced around the bus to see that everyone was scattered, either in the mini kitchen, to my left, or on the sofas, across from me.

To my right were a few steps that led down to the drivers seat. And to the back side, which was in between the couches and the kitchen, was a hallway.

Everyone's eyes seemed glued to Harry, Liam, Paul and I as we scampered into the spacious bus.

I realized that I was starting to get dizzy again so I immediately sat down on one of the white leather sofas that were on the opposite side of the door, joining everyone.

Everyone asked me if I felt alright almost immediately. I told them that it was just because of the plane ride even though that was extremely far from the truth.

They all seemed to buy it except for Harry. The way he kept glancing at me suggested otherwise but he decided not to say anything.

"Hey, um Lou?" I called her and she gave me her full attention along with a nod.

"Yes, Love?"

"Um... Is it okay if I could stay at the tour bus for this concert? I feel slightly sick. If not, it's okay I can come. It won't be a pr-"

Lou cut off my rambling with a chuckle. "Of course you can! Plus, I can see that you're not feeling that well,"

A sigh escaped my mouth as I looked at Lou with a grateful look. "I love you so much! You're a great boss!" I gushed as she laughed.