31: Breakdowns

Chapter 31: Breakdown

LOUIS'S POV:

We were all sitting in silence in the open living room. We've all been trying to do as much as we can without letting it get to the pap. They're already wondering why we are staying in Dublin for extra time. Plus, we've already paused the tour for a bit. The public only knows that there is a personal matter involved, nothing else.

Only Eleanor, Sophia and Perrie know about Jade's absence, other than the crew. Eleanor freaked out so bad, she even started crying. Niall had tried to call Ashley but her phone was switched off, which was odd.

We have all been trying to talk to Harry but there's no progress in that section. He's been completely locked away, for way too long. He only comes out for food or to grab something that will make him drunk.

I got up from my spot on the couch and straightened out my jeans.

"Where you going?" asked Liam.

"To talk to Harry," I replied as I started walking.

"You know he's not going to open the door, right?" Zayn added.

"Who knows? He might." I replied walking over to his door.

"Yeah, it's worth a shot." Niall added.

I softly knocked on the door as everyone got silent. You have a clear view of the door from the living room, considering that there are no walls in between.

"Harry? It's me, Louis." I said softly.

Silence.

"Do you want to talk about anything?" I asked.

Silence.

"It might make you feel better, I won't tell anyone. I'll just listen to you." I encouraged him.

I heard a groan from inside the room. "Go away," Harry replied, his voice lower than usual.

Well, that's a start.

"No, I'm not going away until you open this door. You clearly need someone to talk to." I rebutted.

"No, I don't. Now do you mind leaving me alone?" he answered, rudely.

"Nope. I'm going to wait here. You have to come out someday." I replied, crossing my arms over my chest.

I heard a sigh from the other end before the door creaked open just enough for me to get through.

I slipped into the room and locked the door behind me. The room felt stuffy and smelt of alcohol. There were beer bottles scattered on the floor and on every surface, along with clothing.

I looked up from the floor to meet the emerald eyes that light up my mood instantly. Except this time, they're dark, dull even.

Harry's hair was pushed back but looked extremely messy, which was opposite from the usual. He wasn't wearing a shirt, only his boxers that hung onto his hips. He had prominent bags under his eyes and little stubble across his features.

"Hey," I greeted as Harry walked over to the bed and sat down.

"Hi," he replied quietly as I sat across from him, by his feet.

"So, how you feeling?" I asked.

"Better than ever," he replied sarcastically. He grabbed a cigarette and lit it up.

I know that Harry's tried to smoke before but it turns out really bad for him. He usually coughs nonstop.

"Harry, don-" I started but was cut off by Harry's dry hacking.