Finishing Crazy (19)

Start from the beginning

Bryan.

“Where’s Bryan?” I ask Warren, because he’s the only person in the room.

“You know, I brought you flowers and came to sympathize with you and all you can say is ‘Where’s Bryan’? I feel the love, Kyra. Thanks.”

He sighs, defeated.

“You brought me flowers?”

I’m momentarily distracted, looking around the room for the flowers he brought me. I look over at him and he points to the nightstand beside my bed.

There’s a vase of roses, at least two dozen, sitting in a clear, glass vase. They’re beautiful, but they’re not what I’m looking at.

“Who brought those?” I ask him, staring at the smaller vase next to it. Tiny and slender, it’s a pale blue color, and is holding three tiger lilies in it.

“I just got here! How am I supposed to know?” He asks crossly.

I lean over and examine them closely, as if that will let me know who did it. Of course, I already know who did it. There’s only one person in the whole world that would bring me those.

Just as I begin to think about him, he walks in the room.

“Bryan.” Warren mutters quietly, disdainfully.

Bryan walks in the room looking disheveled and stressed, but the second his eyes land on Warren he looks even worse.

“I go out of this room for less than five minutes-” He begins, pointing at Warren accusingly, “-and then you have to show up! Why?”

Warren stands up and walks over to Bryan.

“Well, hello to you too.”

“Shut up,” Bryan says. “And get out of here.”

“I can be in here if I want.” Warren argues.

“If Kyra were awake, she wouldn’t want you here.” Bryan shoots out at him.

“Ouch.” Warren says.

“It’s the truth.”

“I know.” Warren admits. “She already told me to get out.”

“How? She’s not-”

Bryan’s voice breaks off and he looks over at my bed. Once he sees that I’m awake, he seems to forget all about Warren and rushes over to me. His face lights up as he sees me and he reflexively intertwines his fingers with mine.

“Good morning.” I say.

“It’s evening.” Bryan tells me.

“Oh.” I say, frowning. “How long have I been out?”

“Two days.” He says.

“That long?” I’m surprised, to say the least.

Bryan nods. “I should know. I was here the whole time."

I blush, imagining him watching over me as I sleep. It makes me uncomfortable.

“Ahem,” A loud throat clears itself behind us.

“Get out.” Bryan says to Warren, shooing him away.

Warren raises his hands in surrender.

“Fine.” He says, and leaves without another word.

Bryan turns back to me.

“Anyways, where were we? Oh, right. You just asked me to kiss you.”