Chapter 14

By morning we arrived in Chicago just as Optimus had said. I yawned in the cabin and turned over. "Wake up, Lily," mumbled Optimus, giving me a peck on the cheek as he approached the sign for 'Welcome to Chicago.' Just seeing the sign brought back painful memories and Optimus noticed my hazel eyes pooling tears, tangling his powerful arm around my waist, pulling me to his side.

"Optimus, too much death that day." I wept, my bottom lip twitching. "That it was, sweet flame."

Is this really going to be the end? I thought.

"It'll be over soon. I'll keep killing these traitors until my dying breath." Optimus promised. I just smiled. I was leaning my cheek on his shoulder, as he was still driving in silence.

Eventually we found what looked like an old abandoned church, which oddly enough seemed familiar to me. It was really close to KSI headquarters. The first to arrive was Optimus and I, so I quickly jumped out of his alt-mode to stretch my tired legs and allow him to transform.

Not long after we arrived, Hound, Hide, Ratchet, Bee, Blue, Drift, and Cross arrived to let out Cade, Tessa, Sam, and Shane, until they all transformed themselves. Cross first turned and stomped on his peds. "I don't have to feel the two of you rubbing on my seats anymore! I don't need you two riding with me anymore!" he yelled at Tessa and Shane, who were only inches away. "What's your problem!?" Shane screamed at him, and Cross was just angrier. "You are my problem! You and your girlfriend need to stop making kissy-face that makes me sick!" he grumbled over his chest-plate with his arms folded. "Okay, Tessa, we need to talk. Lucky charms, you're staying with Lily there." Cade ordered Tessa and grabbed her arm in earshot. I found a small lounge and sat down, watching as Shane ran his hand in a nervous way through his hair.

"Damn, that's tough," Sam remarked as he sat next to me on a tattered couch scooting near me and I felt the optics of Optimus glooming over us. Sam's snide comment had me giggling.

"Can you go and talk to him, Lily?" Shane asked me, with eyes begging. I shrug my shoulders. "Before I spoke to Cade about his behaviour towards your relationship, but Cade is just a parent, Shane. I mean, I don't see the big deal that you're only one year older than her." I said, giving him a sad smile.

We all turned our heads at Tessa's sound yelling, "Dad! It's only a year gap! Shane's just eighteen, it's not like I'm dating a twenty-year-old!"

"Why are we not all just stasis? It's 3 AM in time on Earth." Hound said, just as Cade and Tessa walked back into the room. "Great idea Hound. Tomorrow, Sam and Bee will check out KSI from here. Tessa and Shane will go out and steal only important things, so clothing, food, anything that could be useful to you, while Lily and I go check out KSI from the field." Cade ordered, walking over to the lounge, and sitting down on the other side.

I was a sandwich between him and Sam and it didn't help that Optimus' jealous aura was seeping through my body. "Jealous Optimus?" Hide chuckled pointing in our direction. Optimus gave Hide a black expression. "I wish not to let Cade go alone with my mate. I'll go with her and that's the end of the matter." He affirmed.

"Sire, you're going to ruin our mission," Blue snapped. "You'll watch who you're talking to scout! I'm this squadron's commander and have always been so don't challenge my command!" censured Optimus, his optics brightening to the shade of the sky. Blue quickly shut-up his lip plate, and walked away grumbling under his breath. Bee being the good friend he was followed Blue.

"Will everyone please calm down?" pleaded Ratchet.

"Optimus, it's your anger and envy that you need to control. You're going to provoke the mission," Ratchet told him.