Chapter 5

"Dad! you're out of your mind!? You need to get that THING! Out of here!" After I heard her say I grabbed her by her wrist and told her with a soft, dangerous voice.

"The truck isn't a THING!"

"Hey! Let me go!" Tessa shouted and Cade gave me a sign to calm down and I let her wrist go.

"You don't have to worry. I worked in there all night. I'm fine."

"You know what? It's not a truck, okay!? You're right! It's an alien killing machine!" I rolled my eyes as I left the barn and walked over to Blue, greeting him with a pat on his hood. I sat on the Blue's hood and watched them from a discreet distance. I felt his hood warm up from under my hand as I kept padding his hood. I kept watching as both Tessa and Lucas were pretty much freighted with Optimus inside the barn, but I wasn't afraid because that was my mate.

"Shall I exterminate? I am really annoyed by your little human friends." Blue sneered and showed me his gun. I leaned my head back laughing, "You sound like Ironhide." I responded, slipping down the front of his hood and turning to face him.

"Did you hear from any of the other ones?" I asked him.

"No." he replied.

"Does sire know that I am protecting you?" Blue asked, "No. I mean he would be angry if he knew that you were protecting me instead of hiding away." I sighed as I pat back his hood slightly, which rose in temperature, and smiled softly.

"I'm going to keep protecting you Lily," he told me, driving closer to me ever so slowly and nudging me with his hood, not wanting to say goodbye. Blue AKA Blue-Thunder has been my car and best friend since I took him out of a lousy car lot eight years ago. And it was the greatest investment I've ever made in my life and I've got him as my guardian forever. Smiling, I put a kiss on his hood. "Keep me posted. Okay?" I said, turning back and moving away from Blue and into the barn. Before leaving the driveway, Blue resurrected his engine again, leaving me behind with a brat stuck up, annoying Lucas, and sweet Cade.

When I entered the barn, all that I heard was silence. With the aid of Lucas, Cade was already working on Optimus while Tessa had marched past me, shoving my arm in frustration and throwing me off balance.

"Excuse you!" I called after her retreating form. I scoffed and walked over to Cade and Lucas, ignoring the pain my arm. I nipped it last night when I was in the barn where I just had to see Optimus and it was worth the bruise. The question from Lucas snaps me off my daydream. "Cade there's a car outside." he turned his attention to me. I glanced at the door and saw that Blue was in parked in the driveway and my eyes widened.

Why didn't he leave?

"In the driveway, there's a black and blue car ... Cade, do you know anything about this?" Lucas continued, pushing me to answer his question. I found all these questions annoying, but Cade did not interject when Lucas was bombarding me and I gave him a gesture behind his back. I stayed quiet for a minute until I put those questions to rest.

"The guy is just a friend."

"Well go tell your friend, I don't like people leering around my property." ticked-off Cade, then he goes back to doing whatever he did. What is his problem!? My blood started boiling at his aggressive attitude toward me and I had no idea why.

"Cade, what is wrong?" I asked him, concerned.

"Nothing," he responded too quickly for my taste, and again I asked him and he said nothing again. "I'm gonna go, I am not a fan of silence." Lucas said. "Cade, what is wrong? Please answer me." I pleaded. "Cade?" Cade shakes his head and climbs down the tiny stepping ladder and sits on the workbench, his arms folded across his chest.