chapter 35

Mark's Pov

I followed him down the hall, once we got to a room two guys tried to jumped me but I was able to defend myself.

"What the hell?" I asked when I saw who it was. "Why are you guys trying to hurt me?"

"How could you buy a sex slave?" Keith said getting up.

"I was undercover! The whole plan was to buy them to save them, then once enough people were safe we were going to bust in."

"So you were a double agent?" Marty asked.

"Not like Jorden but yes, I was playing them to save them. I never hurt any of them."

"We are so sorry, Jorden has been telling everyone it was your idea and when we saw you walking in with the girl we thought she was telling the truth," Keith said.

"She is telling everyone lies, I am going to be in jail if she keeps this up. What else did she tell you?"

"That the girl is in on this too, well she has to be because you will hurt her."

"She can do as she wishes, she is free. That money that I bought her with was Kenny's. This is all a setup."

"Look, we will do what we can to clear your name," Marty said.

"Thank you."

I walked into the courtroom and took my seat, there were a lot more people here then two days ago. The back door opened and the Survivors came out and took their seats. Amy and Sean were the last two, I looked at Amy's eyes and they where glossy. What the hell did they do to her?

"Mark, when we call you up to the stand, answer all the questions with the truth. The way I will be wording them will sound bad for you but once you tell them the truth you will have them on your side, I have a few tricks up my sleeve. As you can tell Judge Dillion is not here, Jorden got the judge changed. " Robin said sitting next to me.

"All rise, for Judge Miller."

We stood up as he walked in, great this man hates me. I got a tiny little attitude with him last year about a case and ever since he can't stand me.

I wasn't paying too much attention to everyone talking, I was too busy thinking about taking the jail time as long as Amy is safe.

"We call Jorden up to the stand."

She walked up with the help of an officer, when she sat down she glared at me.

"Jorden, you are here today because you are being accused of not only hiding but running a sex slave business. Do you have anything to say?"

"Yes, I would never put people's life on the line. I am an officer of the law, why would I believe in such a horrible thing? I was blindsided by an officer who then ran off with one of the girls we saved. He brainwashed her into thinking she is safe but behind closed doors, she is being used for horrible things."

I felt my blood boiling, I looked at the jury and they were shaking their heads. Do they really believe her shit? I wasn't able to listen to her lies, I blocked most of her talking out, when Robin got up I started to pay attention again.

"Jorden, you said you were blindsided but you commanded your team to bust down a door with such a force that had someone that was just saved sleeping and officer doing paperwork. The officer was almost killed as he tried to protect the girl, now the girl, she ran for her life because she knew who you really are. Since you tried to kill her before she was saved the first time she lost a lot of blood and her legs were badly broken, she wasn't able to run far. You then grabbed her from the yard because she climbed out of a window to get away from you, then you took her back to the hell hole of the bidding area. Or how about when you fled to a different state under a different name and when you found out the cops were coming for you, you had a stunt double in your office as you flew to the same young woman's location to finish her off? As we are on the topic of different names, Jorden or should I call you Tina, Joey, Dove, Piper or should I just call you by your birth name, Nicole Johnson."