chapter 1

Mark's Pov

"Just another day at the force," I said as I handed the suspect off to jail, He robbed two banks and stabbed an officer.

"Go home and get some rest Mark, you had a hell of a day, but first go get your wound checked out," Cheif said to me patting my back.

I looked down at my wrapped up leg, "Eh I'll be fine, the knife just grazed me. But I am taking you up on going home. See you tomorrow." I walked out of the building and got in my car and headed home. Once I got home my phone went off,

"Hello."

"Hey, I heard about the arrest, are you okay?" It was my best friend Tyler.

"Yeah, he stabbed an officer when he was leaving the second bank, his knife grazed my leg but I will be fine. It's all good." 

"You should be in a hospital."

"Yeah and I shouldn't order a bunch pizza and wings and eat it all myself." 

"Is that an invite to come over?" 

"Food will be here in 45mins," I said then hanged up and ordered the food. After about 30 minutes the doorbell went off.

"I had a feeling food would get you guys over here." 

Tyler and Ethan came in,

"Um dude your limping," Tyler said.

"Really? I don't feel like I am." 

"How bad did they graze you?" Ethan asked closing the door behind them.

"Enough for blood to come out." I sat down and pulled the bandages off.

"Gross!" Ethan said.

"I just need to clean it off and wrap it up," I said as I limped to the bathroom.

"Food is here! I'll get it while you clean up." Tyler called out. 

The wound is pretty bad, I was able to stall the bleeding until I got a fresh bandage on it. I limped back to the living room where Ethan and Tyler already started to eat. They had a pillow on the table for me to prop my leg up. 

"Are you going back to work tomorrow?" Tyler asked. 

"Yeah, I have to fill all the paperwork out from today then get a new case."

"As long as people are doing bad things, you will always have work to do," Ethan said.

"Ain't that the damn truth." 

We didn't say too much else about my leg or work, we just sat there stuffing our faces thinking on how we will regret it later on. But it was a stressful day this was much needed. 

"You guys just wanna stay the night?" I asked getting up.

"Sure." They said together.

I got some water to drink and a bag of ice for my leg than sat back down, not too much of an interesting night.

The next day.

I didn't have much of a limp anymore when I got to work there was a pile of papers on my desk. "Mark, there is a meeting at noon, you NEED to be there," Cheif said then left my office space

"Great." I sighed then started on my paperwork. I would have to stop every few minutes because people would come in and congratulate me on getting that guy.