Why would he ever want to return to a life where she wasn't there?

Raizel angled his head down to get a better look at her. Her soft plump pink lips parted-- a little swollen from the previous lip locking they'd done, but still so inexplicably seductive. Marble blue eyes shut and hidden away from the world that he couldnt repress the slight dismay he felt from being unable to see them. Strands of her hair falling over her face and yet somehow looking so endearing from the vulnerability he felt from it.

By Goddess, did he feel blessed.

Raising a hand, he lightly brushed the hair out of her face with his knuckles. He felt his skin graze against her cheek and winced from the shocks he felt. Like sparks from ignition, he felt his own body heat rising when those gorgeous blues made their appearance. She was drowsy, sleep written on her face as she blinked ever so slowly and just stared.

Then, almost like the Goddess above felt the need to push him further down the road of love, a smile spread across her face.

That earth-shattering, picture perfect, beaming, all teeth smile.

The kind that had his heart jumping out his chest.

"Hi."

She whispered quietly. Her thin fingers reached out to brush away locks of his hair. The slight sparkle in her eyes coming into life when she ran them through his scalp. He hummed in response, unable to form any coherent words or thoughts as he found his place between the crook of her neck. He nuzzled his nose there, breathing her in and smiling against her skin when he felt her body shake when a laugh passed through her.

He loved it when she laughed.

He loved it a lot.

He tightened his arms around her, pulling her as close to him as possible but at the same time not so tight it would hurt. His wolf was just oozing with contentment. He still felt the undying need to march back to Nightwake and just rip that pathetic ex-mate of hers into shreds. His wolf sharing his own thoughts of agreement. Neither one of them wanted that fucker anywhere near their Selene. He'd lost any right to even breathe the same air the moment he'd decided to reject her.

Raizel mentally cussed in his mind, pushing away any thoughts of the brunette and instead press himself harder into her. He would much rather give her all his attention now than to spare his limited time with her on the man he would undoubtedly deal with one way or another. Alpha title be damned if anyone thought he'd let Landon Walker be.

But for now, in this moment, he'd devote all his time and attention on the woman who so tightly held his heart.

"What are you thinking of?"

She asked softly. Raizel meets her questioning gaze, and pulled away from her neck to see that she wasn't rushing to cover herself. She was in complete sync with him. Comfortable and confident with him as she should always be.She had nothing to be ashamed of-- especially not with him.

"Just how lucky I am."

He'd admitted. He could hardly care how soft he sounded. He would only ever be like this with Selene. He didn't have any reason to put up some hard-ass Alpha facade with her when she was the one only thing that gave him hope. Hope for his future and hope that one day he too, can have a family of his own. He could be as sweet as she wanted; nice, caring, affectionate. Anything and everything he would do to keep her happy. Being able to love her properly was more than a honor. Why should he be embarrassed or ashamed of that?