3|| forsaken me

||3||

Forsaken Me

***

The Bloodlust Alpha

Trigger warning: Death again. Violence. Just yikes overall.

Camila Cabello- I Have Questions

"Selly? W-Where's Bentley?"

Lila tried pulling from my grasp in impatience but I didn't let her move away. Goddess knows what awful thing will scar her memories of him. My eyes never strayed away from Bentley's back. It was like any second from now he would just sit up, wipe the dirt off his clothes and say he's fine. It didn't feel like I lost him even when the evidence was right in front of me. I couldn't feel him breathing but somehow a small part of me still believed he'd wake. That small, delusional, helplessly hopeful part of me. I couldn't find myself to admit it.

To admit he was truly gone.

It was just so sudden.

Everything happened way too fast. So fast that I couldn't comprehend it. I had to be stuck in some nightmare. A nightmare I desperately wanted to wake up from. So that when I open my eyes, I'll find Bentley working on his truck, his hands all dirty from oil. He'd be wearing his overalls paired with his work boots like he always did. He'd tell me to take a break, maybe spend some time with Lila over the fields and help her plant some seeds. To find little Jason running around with a stick he found chasing after other pups with their squeals sounding down the pack territory. Luna Thompson would be chatting away with other female wolves about the next feast we'd have. The pack warriors teaching the teens how to fight and train properly for the future.

Anna, Oscar, Remmy, Harden, Cindy, June, Brenda-

All those faces attached to the names I knew so well that I'd never see again. Their expressions of their last moments of life twisted in pure horror was forever engraved in my mind. Those soulless eyes staring right through me. Some had serene, unsuspecting faces. Those who were caught off guard, never truly knowing what fate had in store for them until it was too late.

I shuddered, forcing my eyelids to shut. I couldn't let myself stray away from my objective. I couldn't bring back the dead. My thoughts went to Lila. The best I could do was make sure another wouldn't fall.

There was nothing but rubble left for us here. I couldn't feel any of my bonds with the members connect. My wolf had gotten aquatinted to their wolves and formed a makeshift bond that allowed me to feel them albeit faintly. It didn't give me much information about their whereabouts or thoughts but I could feel their presence on land if I searched hard for it.