18|| it's what led me to you

||18||

It's What Led Me To You

***

The Bloodlust Alpha

Touch - Kehlani

a/n:

This is their song I stg.

Raizel's eyes never left mine

The heated fix set deep in his expression never wavering from the evident confusion he felt. I didn't understand why he looked at me like that. Why it seemed like he couldn't believe I was standing there or why he stared after the dress like it was some magical thing balancing on a thin beam of needing to be destroyed or worshipped. That alone set me on edge.

And then there was that thing about some vision.

What were they talking about? A vision where he saw the dress I was wearing?

It must've held some importance otherwise the others wouldn't have bristled the moment the word made it passed Raizel's lips. Violet who was still in my arms squirmed until I set her down-- uncomfortable with the emotions her little senses were picking up. She felt the gravity of our conversation weigh on her and felt the need to detach herself to scurry off to the far side of the room. Xavier, who also felt the tension, was not too far off as he waddled after his sister. Or, at least, who I assumed was his sister. The identical slope of their noses and shape of their faces was a dead give away.

I look around the room. Everyone's expressions and stances held the same air of weighty rigidness. Stefan was the first to break the tension. He looked between Raizel and I with caution before his eyes darted to the dress. Like his son, he stared at the article of clothing warily. He was just a bit better in hiding it, though.

"Son, are you sure?"

Stefan asks slowly, doubt dripping heavily from each word. He curls his hand around Laura's. Dark eyes search mine in wonder, alarm and a hint of something I hadn't thought I'd ever see from the former Ignis Red Alpha.

Hope.

Laura presses her lips together, chewing the inside of her cheek in thought and frowned. The earlier uncertainty in her gaze was still there but she pushes aside any stray thoughts. She looked every bit apprehensive at what Raizel had said.

"You were only ten, dear. It's possible your mind is playing tricks on you-"

"No, that's not it."