Ch. 21- Deal with the Devil

Dev

I rested my head in my hands and took a deep breath. "I'm going to repeat this one more time, Jasmine. You need to leave me alone."

"But Baby."

"No, Jasmine. Leave. Now."

"Baby, let me fix this."

I stood and smashed my hands down on the desk. "You've done enough! Go! Now!" Tears welled up in Jasmine's eyes, but she turned and sprinted from the room.

I rested my head down on the desk. Jasmine had done exactly what I had asked. She had gotten Mitch away from Kalila. But the way she did it... Katrina belongs to me! I told her to stay away from Mitch. And now she was in love with him! I needed to stop it! I needed to get her back! But there was no way. Mitch would just go right back to protecting Kalila if he was not with Katrina and that could not happen. She just became unprotected. Mitch is not around her and she dismissed Jesus; however, according to the prophecy, only Katrina can stop Kalila... and Katrina is busy with Mitch! But I cannot have Kalila about creating peace. I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place.

A knock at the door made me lift my head up. "Come in!"

Quinn poked his head in the door. "Hey, buddy!"

"What do you want, Quinn?"

"I heard about Katrina and Mitch..."

"Yea. What about it?"

"You knew this would happen. It says so in the prophecy."

I sighed deeply. "Yea... I know... But I guess a part of me was just always hoping that it wouldn't come true. That Kalila and Mitch would be so in love that it wouldn't matter. Or that Katrina would listen to me and stay away from him. And I certainly never thought that my own wife, would be the one to push them together."

"I know what you mean. Apart of me always thought that if I trained Katrina hard enough she would have enough strength to fight the connection. But the prophecy made it very clear that a protector from Heaven would have the connection with her."

"Yea. But it also says that Katrina will be defeated and I'm gonna make sure that doesn't happen."

"Wait... It says what?"

"You didn't know that it says Kalila will be the end of Katrina?"

"Uhm... Does this look like the face of a man that knows his daughter will be defeated?.....What does it say exactly?"

I sighed deeply. "Do you really want me to get it for you?"

"If that isn't too much trouble, boss."

"Ugh. Fine."

We walked to the elevator and stood in it awkwardly, listening to the elevator music. The elevator opened to a room filled with filing cabinets. The room was so large that the ends could not be seen from where we stood. I turned to the right, and after what seemed like forever, we reached the end of the room. I walked to a filing cabinet. It was the only cabinet in the whole room that was locked. From under my shirt, I pulled out a long chain with a key on the end. I put the key in the lock and opened it, revealing all of my most secret documents. I pushed all the files in the front out of the way and pulled out a metal box from the back of the cabinet. The box was password protected and I typed in the three digit code to open it. Inside of it was a flash drive. I removed the flash drive from the box, closed the box, closed the filing cabinet, and turned to walk back out of the room into the elevator.

Quinn looked at me quizzically. "Think you have enough protection on that?"

"That isn't even all the protection on it. And that box is bomb proof."

"Where is the original copy?"

"In Heaven. We copied it when we captured Jesus."

We exited out of the elevator and walked back into my office. I sat down on the computer and hooked the flashdrive up. I also bent down below my desk and pulled out a handprint reader. Then, I hooked that up to the computer too. A notification popped up on the screen that read, "Please provide authentication or this device will detonate in 5...4...3..." I put my hand on the reader and a notification popped up on the screen. "Welcome, Dev." Hundreds of pages popped up on the screen. The prophecy.

Quinn came up behind me and looked at the screen over my shoulder. "Is that it?"

"Yup."

"So, where is the part on my daughter being defeated?"

I opened the right screen and highlighted a section. The prophecy was originally written in Latin, but I had my associates translate into modern day English. "When an Angel and Demon come together, the following will result in two unique twin daughters. Together the daughters shall prosper and bring about an age of happiness on Earth. However, the daughters shall not be the same. One daughter shall take after the Angel and one daughter shall take after the Demon. The Angel daughter shall be protected. Once the girls are full grown, a protector from Heaven shall have the connection with the Demon daughter. The result shall be a battle which shall be the end of the Demon daughter. Bringing about the age of prosperity on Earth."

Quinn was silent for a few moments. "...I'm gonna lose my baby girl?" Quinn asked with tears starting to fall from the powerful demon's eyes.

"Quinn... don't do that to yourself. Be positive. She has been trained. She will be ready for the battle, and she will win."

"Come on Dev! The prophecy is going to come true. The Mitch thing was right," Quinn fell down into the chair across from me at the desk, tears staining his face. "...She's my daughter."

I stood from my desk, towering over Quinn. "Which is exactly why we are gonna make sure that doesn't happen."

The intercom on my desk buzzed. "Dev, you have someone to see you."

I fell defeated back into my chair. "Send them in, Bri."

My office door opened slowly. And a head poked into the room. Kalila. Both Quinn and I jumped up from our chairs. Stunned to see that this girl would dare enter our world.

Quinn rushed forward and grabbed Kalila's shoulders, "How dare you come here!?"

Kalila stood visibly shaking in Quinn's grasp. "I...I...I...I came to talk to Dev," she said looking at me with fear covering her face.

Anger was surging through my veins. Here was the girl that had ruined all of my hard work over the years and who was going to end my love. But I wanted to remain calm, she came to me. Alone. I must give her a chance. I gestured to the chair Quinn had been sitting in, "Have a seat."

She came forward hesitantly and took a seat. "So...have you heard about...Mitch and...Katrina?"

I looked at her, trying to remain calm but wanting to know where this was going. "Yes..."

She didn't say anything. She just stared off out of the window behind me. After a few minutes of her still not saying anything, I made a face to Quinn, letting him know to get her out of my office. Quinn walked up behind the girl, and she started to speak again.

"I love Mitch...with all my heart... and... this may be incredibly selfish of me... but I want him back... by any means. And I can only imagine that Katrina being with an Angel is not good for you... And I have anger in my soul...So...I'm hear to help you."

"....help me how?"

She sighed heavily. "However you need me."

I looked at Quinn, a smile spreading across my face. "However I need you?"

"Whatever you need... I'll do it."