Ch. 8- Camping Mishap

KALILA

I stepped out of the truck and breathed in the crisp morning air. Mitch hopped out of the driver’s seat and got to work unhitching the camper. We were hours away from New York City at our favorite campground. I turned around and observed the beautiful scenery; the mountains, the tall trees, and the lake--smooth as glass. Behind us a nice RV pulled up, my security team.

Mitch came up behind me and put his arm around me, “Isn’t it beautiful?”
I turned around and kissed him, “Not as beautiful as you.”
“Awwwwwwwwww. Someone is so cheesy.”
“Who Tony?” I said as we both looked over to see my huge security guard bending over to hook up the water, his plumber’s crack hanging out for all to see. We both turned back to each other and started cracking up.
“I’m gonna go hook everything up,” Mitch said giving me a quick peck.

I started to walk around the campground. I waved at some of the regulars and signed a few autographs for the campground visitors. I found a park bench at the top of a hill. I sat down and looked over the campground. Some bushes moved behind me, and I spun around to see a snake staring at me from the bushes. I turned around, ready to ignore the snake, and the snake started hissing at me. I turned back around to look at the snake and saw a pair of red eyes glowing at me. The snake hissed again and stuck its forked tongue at me. I stood up and slowly started backing away. I hated snakes.

I sat on the beach, soaking in the sun on this warm summer day. I wore my favorite bikini and Mitch was by my side, along with three heavy security guys in dangerously short swim trunks. Kids splashed and played in the warm water. Parents kept close watch over the young ones. And one of my songs was playing over the speaker of the concession stand.

“I’m bored,” I said sitting up from my beach towel.
“Then go do something,” Mitch said half asleep.
“Fine,” I looked over to my security team, “I’m going down to the water guys, you can stay here. I’ll be fine.”

I walked down to the waters edge and let the cool water run over my toes. I let myself slowly adjust to the water and shuffled in up to my ankles. A little boy ran past me, splashing me with the cold water. I took a step back and sat next to the water’s edge, letting the small waves rush over my feet. A pair of feet appeared next to me. I looked up, expecting Mitch, instead seeing a incredibly tall man.

He sat down next to me. “Nice day, isn’t it?”

I looked at the man. He was extremely attractive, had messy black hair, nice defined muscles, looked about twenty-three, and had on aviator sunglasses. “Yea, it is.”

"Dylan,” he said holding out his hand.
I paused for a second before taking his hand, “Katie.”
Dylan smiled before replying, “Nice to meet you, Katie. So, do you come here often?”
“A few weekends every year for about five years now. You?”
“First time.”
“Well, I would be glad to show you around if you want?”
“I’d like that,” Dylan said smiling and showing of a set of pearly whites.
He was so cute. I smiled back, “Cool, meet me near the bathrooms in a hour.”

“Cool. See you then,” Dylan said as he stripped off his black t-shirt, exposing a perfect six-pack, and dove into the water.

I walked back to Mitch and the security guards. All four of them were asleep. I gave Mitch a kiss on the cheek and typed a quick message to him into his phone before walking back to the camper. Once inside, I flopped myself down onto my bed. Damn. Dylan was hot. That was always the hard thing about dating someone for so long. I’ve been with Mitch so long that I have never gotten a “taste” of anything... or anyone else. Don’t get me wrong. I love Mitch. He is everything a girl could want in a guy. But I can’t help but wonder what else is out there. I closed my eyes and pictured Dylan’s abs. The bed was so comfortable and I let the cool air of the camper gently lull me to sleep.