"Then I can control it."

Madara steps beside you, glancing at your proudly smirking face before looking at the village. You could control it, but could he?

He didn't want to crush the village quite yet, so while glancing back at the white void melding into stone, he conjures trees. They surround the back of the cliff and the village walls, spreading rapidly. You look back in his direction, a smile growing as you sit down on the edge, just like years prior. Sitting down, he extends his legs out, still in contact with the tan stone.

Madara reaches over, picking you up and pretty much plopping you straight into his lap, arms encircling you once more. Good thing his armor was missing.

"Oh." Was your response, feeling Madara sigh and rest his head on your shoulder.
Oh, how he missed this.

How he missed you.

He remembers back when he would just stare at the cieling, wondering about you. You, the strange person who fell out of the sky and could meet him and Hashirama in taijutsu, claiming to be from the future. He was, naturally, sceptical when he first heard you say it, but after a bit of proof, he caved.

He used to always think that when he got his Sharingan he would finally outmatch the both of you, but he never got the chance to have an honest-to-god taijutsu match after awakening it. Him and Hashirama only fought with swords or jutsu, and even after the treaty, there wasn't enough time. The village required much maintenance, which took up both you and Hashirama's concentration and hours.

That insufferable Senju brat, Tobirama, would get you to help with his work, stealing from him the time he felt the Senju rightfully owed.

But now?

He was with you, alone. There were no obstacles to interfere with his time, and he would be getting it every night.

This was exactly what he had hoped for.
Watching as the illusion begins to waver, you look at your hands. They were slowly becoming transparent, starting at the fingertips. You nudge the man behind you with your elbow, making him pick his head up. You held your up your hands, well, more like your lack of hands, but Madara still got the point.

"So, you're waking up..." He mutters, eyes back to their normal coal coloring.

"Seems like it." You nonchalantly shrug, leaning further into Madara's chest. "I'll see you soon, I guess?"

You look up at him, your characteristic smile being your real goodbye. He nods, placing his forehead against the back your your head after you rock forward again. His steady breaths fan over the back of your neck, and you remember something.

"Wait, was it you? On the bridge before the chuunin exam-"

You fully fade before you could finish, leaving Madara sitting alone, in a whitening void. As the illusion of the village vanishes completely, Madara stands again, a smirk twisting his lips.
His hands fade very similarly to yours, emitting grey clouds of smoke as he begins to test himself again. He had managed to interact with the living world and you twice, once to stop you from spilling his secret, and the other just to see how far he had come.

Soon enough, he would readily be able to escape from your dreams and mind.

It was only a matter of time.

Waking up on the dusty couch, you sit up, rolling your shoulders. Your eyes, still unadjusted to the dark, can't see what all is around you. Standing up, you hear three people's breaths from around you. Frankly, it was a bit uncomfortable.

You shut your eyes again, trying to adjust them and sense the three members around you. Strangely enough, there were five chakra signatures around you. After opening your eyes once more, you can see the four people around you with more clarity.