35

I park in the driveway of my house and open the door. I drop my backpack on the floor and take off my shoes.

"What are you doing here? It's only 8:50."

I look up and see my mom. I roll my eyes.

"What was that?" She asks.

"You know why, mother." I don't even know why I said 'mother'.

She looks at me with a confused look.

"You're the one who told Ethan to stay away from me!" I snap.

"H-How do you know...?" She asks.

"Someone who actually cares about me told me."

"Lexie" She sighs. "I told him to stay away for your own good."

"For my own good? The only guy that I loved since... since dad died and the Blake thing was him. The night he came here, I thought he would've come upstairs and explained me everything but when I saw him outside walking towards his car, my heart broke completely. What hurt, even more, was when he turned around and looked at me and after he just turned around again and walked away. I thought... I thought I lost him forever." I say starting to cry.

I really thought that he was gone. I know, I am overthinking but I was and I still am broken inside. The fact that my boyfriend cheated on me with a girl that was, one, his ex, two, my "friend".

Also, the fact that my mother told him to stay away from me was the line over the borderline.

I push past my mother and go to my room. I take out a backpack and start putting clothes in it.

"What are you doing?"

I look over my door and see my mom's arms crossed over her chest.

"What does it look like?" I answer.

"Stop with the attitude!" She says raising her voice.

"I'll stop when you'll stop lying to me." I continue packing some things.

"Where are you gonna go?" She asks.

I honestly have no idea where I could go. I can't go over to Gray's because Ethan will be there for sure. All my friend's parents aren't home because they're working and my friends are at school because it's only nine in the morning.

I haven't seen Theo this morning. Maybe he's home. I'll call him.

After the second ring, he answered.

"Lexie? Aren't you at school?" He asks.

"Hi, Theo. Yes, I'm good you?" I say.

"Sorry. I'm just surprised that you called me at this time."

"No, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have talked to you like that. But why aren't you at school? I haven't seen you this morning."

"I had an appointment at the dentist this morning and I decided to take the rest of the day for myself and my parents told me it was okay. But why aren't you at school?"

"I'll explain later. Can I come over and maybe stay a day or two?"

My mom glares at me. I roll my eyes.

"Uh... I guess so. Let me call my mom and I'll text you if it's okay."

"Okay. Thanks, Te"

"No problem, Le"

Theo and I have been calling ourselves Le (pronounced like "lee") and Te (pronounced like "tea") forever. It's like our secret nicknames that no one knows since we were like 8 years old.

Theo: Yeah it's good you can come over

Me: Thanks

"Why are you leaving?" My mother asks.

"Are you seriously asking me that?"

"I'm sorry for what I've done but Ethan hurt you more than one time, Lexie."

"I know. But he still managed to apologize and everything goes back to normal after. It's normal to have fights or to argue in a couple. But that you, my own mother, told my boyfriend to stay away from me. That's not okay. I understand that what he did is awful. But he tried to talk to me and you didn't let him." I explained trying to stay calm.

"Did he explained to you what really happened at the party?" I ask.

She nods

"So you can know what happened but I can't?"

She just stands there looking at her feet.

"That's what I thought." I say swinging my bag over my shoulder.

"Please don't go, Lexie." she begs.

"Call me if Kayla wants to see me." I say.

I push past her and head downstairs. I put my shoes on, take my school backpack and leave. I go into my car and start the engine.

I look up and see my mom in the front door crying. I close my eyes and a tear that I didn't know I was holding, fall on my cheek. I take a breath and make my way to Theo's house.

Another short chapter :/