31

Maddy and I ordered our drinks. She took a Passion Tea and I took a Vanilla Bean. We probably tried everything on the menu.

We walk to a table and we sit down. I can't stop looking at Ethan. He looks so sad and broken. He keeps looking at his drink.

After 5 minutes, he finally looks up. He sees me and his eyes widen. He gets up and leaves. I lean back in my chair. Did I actually think that he would come to talk to me here? In public?

Maddy and I get up and we go in my car because if we don't leave soon, we're gonna be late for school. I drive to school and I'm getting ready for tons of question because everyone probably already knows what happened...
-
The first two periods weren't that bad. Some people asked me some questions but it wasn't like I thought it would be.

They mostly asked me if I was okay if I would forgive him, and a couple other questions like that.

My next class is Math and I haven't seen Ethan all day. I don't know if he's gonna be there or not. At least Maddy is in my class so I could ask the teacher if she could sit with me instead of her sitting beside Ethan (if he's gonna be there).

We walk to our class and we get into it. We go to the teacher's desk.

"Mr. Swan?" I ask. He looks up from his laptop.

"What can I do for you, Miss Walker?" He asks closing his laptop and put his hands together.

"I was wondering if Madison could sit beside me for the next week since it's the last week of the year. I'm also sitting alone so you won't have to change someone place."

"Yeah. Sure. But just because it's the last week of the year and you two are some very good students." Mr. Swan answers smiling.

Maddy and I look at each other smiling. We always had good grades in Math. Since the first day of high school.

"Thank you." We say at the same time.

We walk to our place and we place our books on our desks. We wait till the bell ring so Mr. Swan can start the class. And also getting ready to see Ethan's tired, sad, and hurt face... I need to stop worrying about him! If he wants to explain himself or apologize, he'll come to talk to me.
-
Ethan didn't show up to class. Not to school at all. Am I surprised? No. I didn't expect him to be here. I kinda had a feeling he wasn't going to show up.

The rest of the day was boring as usual. The only reason I came to school these past few months was to see Ethan. I had good grades in everything. I didn't really need school but I kept coming to see Ethan.

Now that it's the last week of high school, I have to be at my 100%. It's not because it's the last week that I don't have to put effort. If I want to get into at least one university,  I have to concentrate.

At the beginning of the year, my mom and I discussed what university I wanted to go next year.

Since I was little, I always wanted to be a doctor. When I had friends over, we used to play that they were injured and I was the one helping them.

I found 3 who had what I was looking for.

1- Lakeside University - Los Angeles

2-Angelwood University - California

3- Whiteman University - Toronto

These 3 universities were the best that we could find. My mother already sent everything that they need to know if I can get in or not. Now, we just have to wait.

-

I'm driving Maddy home tonight because I don't feel like having someone over. I need some time alone in my room with my chocolate ice cream.

I drop Maddy and drive to my house in like 30 seconds. I get in the driveway and see that my mom's car isn't there so I decide to park in the garage. I unlock the door and get in the house.

My sister isn't home yet because she finishes school about half an hour later than me. We finish school at 2:45 pm and she finishes at 3:15 pm. I have at least 30 minutes for myself.

I'm all set up in the living room. Ice cream, blankets, cozy outfit, Netflix.
-
After 10 minutes of relaxing, I hear a knock on the door.

"Is my sister home yet?" I thought.

I get up and look through the window. I see Ethan's black car. My heart starts beating fast. Why is he here? I don't really want to talk to him now. I take a deep breathe and go to the door. I open it.

"What do you wan... Gray?" I see Grayson instead of Ethan.

I'm glad it's Gray. I sigh in relief. I really didn't want to talk to Ethan. Not today.

Gray comes into my house and hugs me tightly.

"Are you okay?" He asks in my shoulder.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I answer. My eyes start getting watery.

Gray pushes me gently and puts his hands on my shoulders. I look at him in the eyes.

"Are you sure?" He asks me again. I look at my feet.

"No. I'm not. I don't know what to do. To think. To feel...?" I say with tears escaping my eyes and running on my cheeks.

Grayson's pov

I didn't saw Ethan all day. When I came home. I saw his car in the parking lot so I knew he was home.

I walked to school today because I don't like taking my car when it's sunny outside. I don't drive a lot. I got my drivers license maybe a year an a half ago and I use my car maybe once or twice a week.

I get in the house and drop my bag on the floor and go straight to Ethan's room because I haven't seen him since Saturday night, at the party.

I knock three times on the door.

"Go away." I hear. What's wrong with him?

"It's Gray. What's wrong E?"

I hear footsteps coming to the door. E opens it and I see a guy that is not my twin brother.

His eyes are red and puffy from crying... well I hope. His hair is on his forehead and he looks like he hasn't slept for two days. He's wearing his normal grey sweatpants and no shirt.

"What?" E says.

"What's wrong?" I ask worriedly.

Ethan rolls his eyes and tries to close the door my I put my hand to keep it open. Ethan turns around and tears are rolling down his cheeks.

"I fucked up. I fucked everything up." He says shaking his head slightly.

The first thing that comes to my mind is Lexie.

"What did you do?" I ask clenching my jaw trying to stay calm.

"It doesn't matter. She doesn't want me in her life anymore."

"E... What did you..."

"I CHEATED ON HER OKAY! I... I..."

The only thing I could do right now is be there for my brother. I go into his room and hug him. He's sobbing in my shirt. I never saw him that way. Lexie means a lot to him.

Maybe she even means everything to him.

"What have I done...?"