TRULY GOODBYE (RM)

“Flight number 3-6-7, passengers are boarding. Repeat, flight number 3-6-7, passengers are boarding.” The intercom crackled to life as the passengers lined up and went on the plane. I sighed and got up from my seat.

I never wanted this. I love her. I never wanted to leave her. But this was for the best. I couldn't bear losing her if they took her. I couldn't risk it. So I left. To a faraway place where she couldn't find me.

They took away my first love before. And I didn't even know. They killed her. Hooked me on the phone with her as she said her last words.

“I love you, Namjoon.”

And I heard her scream. Scream as her life was taken from her. Scream in pain, anguish, in torture. I couldn't bear to hear another scream, so I cut the call.

I regretted that choice. Every second of my life. I never got over her screams. Her cries of torture. It tormented me every single day for a month after I got that call.

A month later, I got another call from the same person. They said,

“I'll take and kill the next person you're in love with. Remember that, Namjoon.”

From that moment on, I vowed to never fall in love. To never love another girl the way I did with Yeri. But then you came along. Everything about you was perfection in my eyes. The way your eyes crinkle when you smile. The way you pout whenever you don't get what you want. The way your face lights up whenever I bring your favorite food. Those were the things that made me fall for you.

But, after two months of dating, a text message came through. Threatening me that they were going to find and kill you. Threatening to take away the love of my life. I couldn't let that happen.

So I fled. And didn't take you with me. I regretted that. But this was for your safety. It was to save your life. So, I'm sorry. Sorry for leaving you. I'm sorry for not telling you.

Now, this is truly goodbye.