LOOK AT WHAT YOU DID (SUGA)

“I need to fix this, and this, and this…” I muttered. I have been working on my mixtape for months but I was still not satisfied. For the past few weeks, I've been pulling all nighters and working to make everything just right. My voice. The beats. The lyrics. Everything had to be perfect.

I clicked on my song, Agust D. It was the most important song in my mixtape and I felt like there were many imperfections and mistakes on it. I needed to make this right for ARMYs. I sighed and went to the recording studio. For the fifth time today. I spent hours and hours recording the song, and by then I was ready to collapse.

“No, Yoon Gi. You need to work on it more. More. More.” I told myself. I was determined to fix this song. Even if it sacrificed my sleep. Even if I had to sacrifice my health. Even if I had to sacrifice my time.

“Sorry, can I replay it one more time? I need to make emphasis on this part.” I told the staff, who sighed but didn't say anything. I felt bad for him but this was important.

“Sure, Yoon Gi. Just, just keep in mind, your health is the most important.” He sighed once again and turned back to record.

I nodded without a second thought and recorded again and again. Constantly picking out the imperfections. Constantly thinking it wasn't good enough. Constantly trying to make it better.

This mixtape could be better. I could fix it. That was what I told myself every time I went to my studio. Shutting out my members. When they would ask how I was, I would say I was fine. But I really wasn't. I didn't want them to worry about me. I was fine. Fine.

I blocked out everything except for my music. It was my life. And now that I was doing it professionally, I had the urge, the push to make it better.

“Alright. I'm done. Thanks for putting up with me. I know I can be stubborn about my music, but yeah, today is a wrap!” I told the staff, who looked elated to be off work. I couldn't blame them. It was already 2 in the morning.

I walked out the studio, feeling a little dizzy. I stumbled around and fell to the ground. The last thing I heard before blacking out was a voice in my head.

“Look at what you did.”

-------------------------------