MAGIC SHOP EXCHANGE (JIN ONESHOT)

I went to the much talked-about magic shop. This was the only way to save my brothers. I was the one who put them in this misery and pain. I was desperate to put them out of this horror. The only way I could do that was to exchange my happiness for their safety and joy.

I decided on that day, I would do anything and everything to save them. If this way had to make me miserable but save them, I would do it without a doubt. I felt too much guilt and remorse to think straight and responsibly anymore.

I walked up to the counter of the shop and gave my one happiness to the shop owner. It was our special necklace. Each of us always wore it and never took it off. I'm sorry guys, but I had to do it to get you back. I could feel tears brimming in my eyes, but quickly wiped them away. A necklace was worth nothing compared to my brothers' safely.

"Let me take them home." I said firmly to the short and stout man that stood before me.

"Haha, Jin. That's just the first stage of getting your friends back. Did you really think it was that easy? Ha! The second stage will be through that door. If you back out of it, you will never see them again. Ever." The shop owner replied with a hard smile. He gestured towards a door right behind him.

At this point, I'm too tired and guilty to even question it. I walked over to the door in defeat, shoes scraping the floor.

When I opened the door, I saw a room filled with mirrors.

Oh no. I knew what was happening. Is this a room with each of their fears? Oh, this couldn't be happening. Did that mean I failed to save them?

I walked around the room. I knew Namjoon was terrified of mirrors because he believed it showed all of his weaknesses. He had self hatred bottled up in him and thought mirrors reflected that.

When I rummaged around the room a little more, I found another secret door covered by a fake floor panel. I quietly went down through the door and discovered another member's fear in that room.

I found hundreds of thousands of Snicker bars laying on the ground. Hoseok's fear. I realized. I remember him telling me about how his mother abandoned him and gave him a sole Snickers bar. That had been his biggest fear since then.

In midst of searching for another clue, I stumbled upon a note attached to a random Snickers bar.

Hyung. You need to trust me. Follow the trail the Snickers bars leads you to and you should find a trapdoor. We'll be waiting. - BTS

I could feel my tears once again forming. I bit my tears back and followed the supposed trail that at once led me to a well hidden door.

I opened the trap door and walked inside. There, I saw a grand piano right in front of my eyes. Yoon Gi. I thought. The young man had told Jin of his tragic childhood story. About how his family died of a fire, and how the piano was his only memory of them. Unfortunately, Yoon Gi chose to regard that as a bad memory.

I searched around the huge room again, tired of this. If only it never started in the first place. I thought sadly. But that was in the past. I need to fix this mistake.

After a long long while of searching, I finally found a hidden clue. On a single burned piano key, there was a sketch of a map of what I assumed was the room that I was in. After a few minutes of figuring it out, I discovered yet another hidden door, but this time, it was disguised with a fake ceiling panel.

I began to climb the ladder that led towards the door with a defeated front. Please let them be safe. Please.

Just 4 more rooms to get through and I'll get them back.

I went to yet another room with a single painting with a forest painted on it. Jimin's fear. I thought again. Jimin hadn't been as open about his fear as the others, but I knew enough to know that this painting held his fear.

I hurriedly searched through the room for another clue. Anything. Time was running out. I needed to hurry before I lose them again. I couldn't afford their loss again.

Yes! I found something! I discovered a locked door. Great. When I just had two more rooms to get through.

On the lock held a note. Is it the code to the lock? It says:

Your brothers are the first number.

The date you lost them is the second.

The third lies on the date of your birth

And the last is B for Bangtan.

This should be easy, I think I know all of the numbers.

7 for all of us,

4 because I lost them on the fourth,

4 because I was born on Dec 4,

and 2 because B is the 2nd letter in the alphabet.

7-4-4-2!

Click! I had successfully unlocked it! No time to waste, I quickly took in my surroundings. There were payphones everywhere, hanging from above me.

"Taehyung." I murmured. He too wasn't too clear on his fear, but I knew it had to do with phones and how someone didn't pick up the phone when he needed him the most.

I walked around the room again. By now I had gotten used to the same procedure for the past few hours. I checked the room for any signs of getting out of here.

"Aha!" I found something! There was a simple note hidden beneath the sea of phones. It read:

By the time you found this note, you have just one more door to go through. Fighting hyung! We'll be waiting. -Taehyung

Just one more. I urged myself to keep going. The fatigue had gotten to me. And it was going to engulf me if I didn't keep going.

After a long while of searching for another room, I discovered a tiny door that would barely fit me through. Luckily, it wasn't locked.

After squeezing myself through that crack of a door, I had to blink a few times to adjust to the darkness. Through squinting my eyes, I found a scribbled message on the wall.

We forgive you, Hyung. Just go down the stairs at the side of the room and you should find us. Don't disappoint us again,please. -Namjoon

I felt something spark inside me. An urgency to get them back. They were family to me. I needed to get them back.

I ran down the stairs, eager to bring them home. I needed to explain immediately.

"Hyung! You came!" A group of 6 guys yelled at me. "Come here!"

They tackled me to the ground and hugged me so tight that I thought I could explode. But I didn't care. I saved them. I saved them.

"Come on guys, let's go home."