a fresh beginning

Chapter 1

"Honey these boxes need to be unpacked when you get a minute." My mother had said. "Ok, Mom," I said as I was finishing sweeping up the kitchen floor. It was moving in day. We left what was my hometown for the past sixteen years of my life. My mom's coffee shop is opening a new franchise in Hartville Michigan, only five hours away from where we used to live my mother had to follow her heart and her passion even if it meant leaving everything behind that she once knew. We are starting over leaving the events of the past behind us or at least she is I've been in a major rut since my dad died a year and a half ago. But there I go again on one of my tangents. "Help me unload the rest of it from the truck then we can go and get some groceries." My mother said in a tired tone. So together my mom and I finished unloading everything then we went to the grocery store whereas we just got here earlier this morning and have not been able to get to the store or do much of anything yet but unload. We went and got the essentials, eggs, bread, milk, deli meat, fruit and vegetables, oatmeal, peanut butter, etc. We are on a tight budget right now, and we can only afford the essentials. Once the groceries have been put away, mom sends me to go work on unpacking my belongings in my room, while she worked on the mess in the kitchen and living area. We moved into a small open concept apartment; it was all that we could afford for right now. A lot of sacrifices and give and take on both our parts. Tomorrow she would start working on getting the coffee shop up and running as I start at a new school, mid-fall semester of my junior year of high school.