28

hyunjin pov.

I got out of Changbin's car, thanked him for driving me home, unlocked the front door and walked in. As soon as I closed the door behind me, I sighed, running my fingers through my hair in frustration. I walked up to my room, and sat down on my bed. I pulled my phone out of my sweatpants pocket, unlocking it and going onto my messages. I went onto Y/N and I's conversation, thinking about sending her a message. I swiped up at our old convo from a month ago, feeling my heart warm up. I could feel the corner of my lips curling up, but then I shook my head quickly.

"Hyunjin, you can't, let Minho hyung and Y/N be happy together." I scolded myself.

I started to type a message, unsure about the right thing to say to her. Seconds after debating, I finally thought of a perfect message to send to Y/N.

hwanghyunjin: I hope you're having a fun time with Minho, I'm rooting for you two.

I stared at my message, waiting for her to see it and reply. I fiddled with my thumbs, now regretting sending the message to her. After a minute, she finally saw the message and started to type.

y/n❤️: thank you hyunjin, i appreciate it!! :)

seen 1:24 pm

I smiled. My smile quickly faded though, because my phone started to ring and Yujin was calling me. I groaned, not wanting to pick up her phone call. I swiped right and put her on speaker.

"What, Yujin?"

"Oppa~~ I miss you!"

'Sike bitch, I don't miss you.' I thought in my head.

I didn't reply.

"I heard you went to the amusement park with Y/N and some of her friends.. is that true, oppa?"

"Yes." I simply replied.

"Why wasn't I invited?" I could hear her annoyingly pout through the phone.

"Because Y/N doesn't like you." I spat out.

"But oppa, if she invites my boyfriend, why can't she invite me? Dumb bitch," I heard her mumble the last sentence under her breath.

"Don't call Y/N that. She's still my friend, you know." I roll my eyes.

"But why, oppa?"

If I had a dollar for every time she calls me oppa-

"You don't just ask someone why you're friends with someone, Yujin." I sighed.

"But why her? She's a rude, dumb bitch-"

"Yujin, chill out. Don't call her things like that, they're all untrue." I interrupted bitterly, getting pissed.

"Oppa, she's rude to me! Don't you see it!?" She screamed.

God, she sounds like a pterodactyl.

"You're the one being rude the majority of times," I sighed again.

"Why do you always defend her instead of your own girlfriend, oppa?"

Here she goes again with the "oppa"...

"Because she deserves to be defended in times like this. If you weren't so bitchy to her, I'm sure you guys would get along pretty damn well." I snap.

"Oppa..." She said in an annoying whiny voice.

"Yujin, let's just break up."

I know breaking up with someone over the phone is quite a jerk move, but I can't stand another second being in a relationship with this girl.

"What?! Why, oppa?!"

"You're not who I want." I said and hung up.

I groaned, throwing my phone on the bed as I laid down and stared up at the ceiling, countless thoughts entering my head. Suddenly, the door busted open, and there was my older brother, Minhyun. My head turned towards his direction and I groaned again but loudly.

"What are you doing in here, hyung? Can't you knock," I whine.

"You seem depressed," he bluntly said.

"I'm not depress- are you drunk?" I asked him.

"No, I ran out of money." He replied.

He walked over and sat down on my bed, making a loud ploof. I glared at him and he snickered, scratching his head. I spotted my game controller in his hand and I kicked his back.

"Don't touch!" I scold.

"You broke my gaming console, you dweeb!!" He argued.

"Because you killed my pet fish!!!!" I argued back.

He put my controller down on the TV stand, then in his hands, there was a photo frame of Y/N and I. I gulped, preparing for all of the questions Minhyun was about to bombard me with. He turned around and raised his eyebrows, holding up the picture frame and pointing at it.

"You're still dating her?" He asked, an amused expression plastered on his annoyingly and ridiculously handsome face.

"No. I forgot I had that still," I sighed.

"Changbin told me you cheated on her."

My heart ached for a second.

"I did." I admit.

"What the actual *BEEEEEEEEEP*, Hyunjin? Mom didn't raise you to be like this. I mean, dad kinda did, but still-"

"It's not something I'm proud of. And it's not something you guys should be passing around, I'm ashamed of myself for doing it." I interrupt.

"Does she know you cheated, though?"

"No.." I mumble, my chest filled with guilt.

"What the *BEEEP*?!"

"You must've been good at hiding it then." He added.

"Shut up, hyung."

"You're a pain in the ass." I sigh.

"You're saying you're ashamed of yourself for cheating.. so that means you must regret it, then?" Minhyun asked.

"Yes. I do. A lot," I reply genuinely. "If I had magical powers that would let me reverse back time I would've never cheated on her. And it's even worse she doesn't have a clue." I finish, staring back up at the ceiling.

"Do you miss her?"

"What's with all these questions? It's making me feel even worse," I bitterly chuckle.

"Do you? Answer honestly."

I paused, hesitant of what to say. I've been telling myself and others that I don't miss her, but somehow I can't believe myself. I guess I do.

"I miss her, yeah," I began.

"But I hurt her. She doesn't know I hurt her yet, but once she knows.. hell, it's going to be hard on her. She deserves someone who'll treat her right.. someone who's loyal to her and who won't cheat on her. Obviously I failed to do those things. I don't even know why I cheated." I chuckle lowly.

"Every time I look at her.. I feel guilty. My heart bottles up with guilt and it's crazy. Sometimes I just want to embrace her into a tight hug and never let go. But I can't, because of what I did. Even if I go near her.. I'll be reminded that I cheated on her and played her. I'm a coward and a jerk, I cheated on a perfectly good girl who didn't deserve what I did."

"It hurts, hyung. But I know I don't deserve to feel hurt. Because I know for a fact that she'd be even more hurt finding out what I did to her. I'm the one who cheated, not her. But now.. she's moving on. She's moving on day by day, with my bestfriend. It doesn't matter who she moves on with, to be honest. As long as she's happy with that person helping her move on, I'll be happy. Even if it's my bestfriend. Seeing them together.. it's bittersweet. She looks happy with him, like how she used to be happy with me. I want her to be happy with me again like she used to be but then again, I sit back and know that she deserves happiness, no matter who she's with. I made stupid decisions and took her for granted."

a/n; this chapter broke my heart :(