•c h a p t e r 25•

I'm not saying that I don't like our current position, I'm just not exactly happy about how I got here. I figured that after such a stressful day yesterday and all the things I told Luca, he needed a hug. Mostly, I need a hug.

I mean, who doesn't like hugs?

Luca. Luca doesn't like hugs.

When I put my arms around him, he pulled me over his shoulder, slammed my back onto the floor and straddled me with his fist hanging in the air. He blinks rapidly at me for a while like he can't believe anyone would want to hug him.

"You need to work on your people skills." I give him my best smile while struggling to keep my towel in place.

"Scissors." He whisper-asks.

"Do you throw all women around or just me?"

"Only the irritating ones." The stone face he wore instantly softened and his lips twitched upwards. Those of us in the human race call it a smile.

I wiggle trying to free myself from his weighty pelvis. "Is sitting on me part of that too? Am I just special?"

The air shifts between us as his fist opens and he brings his hand down to my cheek, caressing it softly. "You are most definitely special. . ."

"And I'm sure you mean that in the nicest way possible."

He only grunts not giving me an actual answer but he does finally get off of me. I stand and start to get dressed not caring if Luca is watching me or not. He's held my boobs, kissed my scar and touched just about every other part of me anyways.

"When do we leave?"

A cough followed by silence is all I receive. We're back to normal and I love it. His quiet demeanor and grumpy attitude doesn't bother me any more because I trust him.

Okay that's a lie. Sometimes it does still bother me.

"Now? Later? Tomorrow? Next year?"

He looks me over now that I'm dressed. Luca doesn't answer with words but he does pull our bags over his shoulder and walks out the door.

That answers that question.

"Nice chatting with you!" I half yell at him sarcastically.

***

While Luca is waiting in the car, I tap the little bell on the front desk n the office and wait patiently for an employee.

Okay, maybe I'm not actually patient.

I keep dinging the bell to a song I've had stuck in my head; Bad and Boujee. No matter what I do, I can't stop listening to it in my mind. I swear I'm not crazy. I am also neither bad nor boujee yet here I am with it stuck on replay in my head.