19.

Sommer's Pov:

As creepy as it sounds, I was watching Evie while she slept. She was finally starting to wake up. She slowly opened her eyes and looked confused. She looked around until her eyes landed on me.

"Who are you and where am I?"

"I'm Sommer-"

"Wait... As in Sommer Hayes?"

"Yes and-"

"Oh my god!"

She quickly got up and went to hug me. I was confused. Did she not remember what happened last night?

"I haven't seen you in years! How are you?"

"Do you not remember last night?"

I asked as I dodged her question.

"What do you mean? Last night I was walking back from the bar and then - wait, someone started following me and they bit my neck... Wait... You bit me! Am I dead?"

"Yes, but-"

"What?! How could you?"

"I'm so sorry Evie-"

"You're not sorry! You turned me into a monster!  A vampire!"

"Wait... How do you know about vampires?"

"Stop trying to change the subject! I just know! I don't want to see you right now! I'm going home!"

"Evie, wait!"

"Fuck off Sommer."

I let her go and she walked out of the house. Someone put there hand on my shoulder.

"Its okay, Sommer. I'll talk to her."

"Can I ask you something?"

"Sure."

"Sommer!"

I turned around and Klaus walked in.

"Yes?"

Klaus stopped mid walk and looked at Stella.

"Stella?"

"Oh, hey Niklaus. You actually remember me?"

"Of course I do. How long have you been here?"

"Not long. I have some business I want to talk with you."

"Wait, Klaus is your business?"

Stella looked at me.

"Yeah, something like that."

"Maybe I should leave you two alone. I'll be upstairs if you need me."

"Okay."

I quickly went upstairs to Kol's room and slammed the door. I set my head against the door and sighed.

"Sommer?"

I quickly turned around and Kol had a towel wrapped around his waist while he was using another towel to dry his hair.

"Oh, uhm, Kol, I, uhm, I.... I should go."

I turned around to open the door but Kol was suddenly behind me and he slammed his hand on the door to shut it again. I slowly turned back around.

"I have to go Kol."

"No, you don't."

"Kol, I-"

"Shh. So, about last night."

"I don't really want to talk about that. Evie hates me now and doesn't want to see me right now."

"She'll come around."

This whole time I was looking at the ground. Kol's hand gently grabbed my chin to make me look at him in the eyes. He started to lean in closer.

"Kol." I whispered.

He started to lean in more and as our lips were about to touch someone banged on the door and he pulled away. He sighed and he walked away. I opened the door and looked up to see who it was.

"Caroline?"