14.

Sommer's Pov:

After Kol dropped me off outside of my apartment building I was going to walk inside but I wanted to walk first to clear my head. I made sure Kol had left so he doesn't follow me. As I started walking down the streets of New Orleans I started to think about everything.

How the hell am I supposed to fall in love in such a short amount of time to open my necklace? Why did the witches choose to have my blood and someone I love blood to open that goddamn necklace. I wish I could ask the ancestors or something. I don't want to ask Davina cause we got in a fight. I want to ask Freya but I don't want to seem like a burden to her. Maybe I could ask Bonnie... but I don't know.

I turned a corner in a alley way. I understand why Klaus is so angry. He just wants his brother back. At least he has family. All I have are friends and it sucks. I wish I could call my parents and see how they are doing. I have to wake up for the rest of my life and wonder why that witch killed them. It would be nice if I had answers and not all these questions. Now that I think about..... the Mikaelson's are the closest that I have to family. None of them might not see it that way though.

As I walked down the alley way I heard some footsteps. I turned around and gasped.

"Sommer?"

"Damon? What are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same."

I could smell the alcohol off of Damon.

"Have you been drinking?"

"Maybe. I saw you hanging out with Kol Mikaelson today."

"So?"

"Do you like him?"

"What?"

"Do you have a crush on him?"

".... Damon."

"You hesitated Sommer."

"Damon, let's not talk about this. I gotta go. I'll talk to you when your sober."

I walked passed him and he grabbed my arm and slammed me against the brick wall.

"Damon. Stop."

He hands gripped my arms.

"I never had the courage to tell you how I feel but I do now."

"I don't want to hear it Damon. Let me go."

"No Sommer."

I flinched as he shouted at me.

"I like you Sommer Hayes and you can't even see it. I broke up with Elena cause I'm in love with you and to save your ass from the Mikaelson's!"

"Damon, stop it."

Damon shook me and I started tearing up a little bit.

"They're going to take you away from me and I can't let that happen."

"Damon you're scaring me."

His eyes turned red and veins showed up on the bottom of his eyes. His fangs grew out and then I felt this excruciating pain in my kneck and I cried and screamed for help. He covered my mouth but before my eyes started closing he was pulled off of me and his kneck was snapped. Before I fell on the ground someone caught me.

"I got you love."

"Kol?"

My eyes felt heavy and then I closed them.

A/N: I was gonna end this chapter here but I didn't really feel like leaving you guys hanging:)

------------------