Chapter 1

Symone Anderson

"Symone! You're on cashier now," my manager yelled.

"Got it," I responded.

I legitimately hate this job. But anything to get by though, right? Living in Harlem is not difficult but not easy, so I'm just taking it day by day...

I was snapped out of my thoughts as a brownskinned guy with braids pulled back into a ponytail with a few left out in the front walked in.

"Hey, welcome to Waffle House. What can I get for you today?" I asked with a small smile.

I could easily tell the guy was high as fuck. His eyes were low and glossy and the weed was loud, to say the least.
"Lemme get an all star."

"How would you like your waffle?"

"Regular I guess."

"Would you like your eggs scrambled, sunny side up or over easy?"

"You pick."

"Scrambled it is," I said giggling.

He laughed too.

To finish the order off, I asked him if he wanted hash browns or grits and if he wanted sausage or bacon. He replied saying hash browns and bacon and sat down in a booth joining a friend of his. I gave the order ticket to Jacob, a co-worker of mine, and he immediately looked at me crazy.

"Symone you looked at that guy like he was a snack. I ain't mad at ya though, you need chocolate if you don't want me."

Jacob has always made it very clear that he wanted me ever since he started working here, but I'm really not interested. It's not that he's ugly, but he's childish.

"Stop lying," I finally said back to him.
I walked away and took more orders and before I knew it, the guy with the braids' order was ready.

"All Star with hash browns and sausage?" I called out. Soon after, he came over and paid for it, thanking me.

"You're stunning, by the way," he said to me.

Thank God I was darkskinned, because I didn't want him to see that I was blushing.
I replied saying thank you and with that, he walked out with his friend.

He was beyond cute and I can only hope he comes back soon.

*Symone in mm*
A/N sorry this chapter was so short! As the book progresses I'll make them longer.