Chapter 25- devondoestomahawk

[again, thank you all for 4k reads. It's honestly amazing. lol k also btw this imagine takes place at the time of vidcon]

Julio sat in his car, nervously drumming his fingers on the steering wheel, peering out the window anxiously.

He was waiting for Devon, one of his online best friends. They were meeting for the first time at Vidcon, and it would have been awkward anyway, meeting someone face-to-face for the first time, but the fact that he had feelings for Devon only made it worse.

He rolled down the window so he could see out easier, and just as he did so he heard a familiar laugh. He knew immediately it was Devon, and that his friend was most likely hiding behind the large support pole next to his car.

Devon's little head peered around the pole, and he blushed when he met Julio's eyes. Julio laughed, it was so refreshing to see Devon without the restrictions of the computer screen. Devon ran over to the car, there was an awkward silence as he unloaded his stuff into the backseat and walked oh-so-slowly all the way around the car to get into the passenger seat.

Their conversations were sparse and awkward at first, but by the end of the trip they were talking and laughing like normal. Even though they both seemed outwardly comfortable, Julio's stomach was in knots and he felt like he was swallowing loudly.

Once they were home, and Devon had unpacked his stuff, he looked around Julio's bedroom. "Where am I gonna put my sleeping bag?" He asked curiously.

Julio froze, and he was unable to talk for a few moments. "S-sorry, but we're gonna have to both sleep in the bed. There's nowhere else for you to sleep. My brother has a friend over who's sleeping on the couch."

Devon was silent, staring around at the small bedroom with very little floor space. Then he turned, and after connecting his eyes with Julio's, said outright "Do you sleep on the left or the right?"

After a full day of exploring the beaches and wandering the local mall, Devon and Julio were getting ready for bed. Julio faced away from Devon, and laid down on the very edge of the bed as to put as much space between them both.

He was finally drifting to sleep. He's been laying in the same tense position for what seemed like hours, very aware of Devon laying just behind him. He was just slipping into a dream when he heard Devon mumble something.

He knew Devon was still asleep, but he still jerked awake and waited with bated breath, listening.

"Julio." Devon breathed out, and as he did reached an arm around Julio's waist and held him tight.

Julio was tense at first, but soon relaxed and grew to cherish the feeling of Devon holding him. He fell asleep almost instantly, a faint smile on his face.

[requested by outragee]