Chapter 2- gbomb

It was the day of Liam's biggest golf tournament of the year. In his college golf program, they'd been training for months just for this day.

He fiddled with the rubbery grip on his golf club. He was nervous, they were at the last hole and he and another guy were tied for first place.

When it was his turn to step up, he heard a familiar yell overtop of the quiet claps from the rest of the audience. He looked over alarmed, only to see Zach, his boyfriend, waving a large sign above his head. Liam could just see that it had "Tryna' roast?" In big letters on it.

Liam blushed, and adjusted his baseball cap. Zach was still yelling "C'mon Liam!" when he stepped up to go.

After the long process of getting to the win-or-lose shot on the course, Liam's heart was thudding rapidly. If he made this, he won. If he didn't, he came at a close second.

The ball rolled towards the hole, wrapped around it like a horseshoe, and went in. Liam jumped up screaming. He flung his hat into the air, and his club fell to the ground. He wasn't aware of much, only that he had won the match and that Zach had broken the rules, clambered over the rope holding back the audience, and was rushing at him.

He collapsed into Zach's arms, shaking with happiness. Zach's arms held him in close, and he was saying "You did it. You won. You did it." Over and over again into his ear.