Chapter 22- michabel

[okay so I've just realized I'm kinda backed up on requests oops. This one wasn't requested but oh well. Then I'm gonna do another gracy one bc omf so many people want one and then another thecampingdolphin? After that I think I wanna write another straubee. ok I'm rambling- leave requests still and enjoy bc TYBZI and his gf Isabel are the cutest. bye omg]

Michael left work for his lunch break, humming a random song he'd heard on the radio as he walked along the Chicago sidewalk at a leisurely pace. He turned to enter the little coffee place he always stopped into for one of their cheese danishes and a dark roast.

He was expecting to see Daniel, the lanky redhead that usually stood behind the counter and greeted him with a "The usual?" and a goofy grin. Instead, a petite girl with dark wavy hair was tapping her fingers absentmindedly on the counter and staring into space. Her dark eyes were framed with thick lashes, and Michael could see her dimples from here. Her clean little white nameplate clipped on her apron told him her name was Isabel.

"Yo, Isabel." he started, jolting her out of her daydream. "Where's my bud Daniel?"

She looked at him for a moment, her eyebrows furrowed. He raised his and shoved his hands into his pockets, awaiting a response.

"He quit." she said slowly. "I'm the new kid." She ended with a bit more strength.

"Alright, kid." he said cheekily, before saying. "Well, you won't know my usual, so I guess I'll have to order for real."

Isabel stopped him by raising a finger, and plucked a sticky-note off the counter. She read off of it out loud. "Dark roast and a cheese danish, served cold. I'm guessing that's you."

Michael opened his mouth in shock, before letting out a bark of laughter. "That Daniel!"

Isabel laughed along with him before going to the kitchen to get his meal ready. Michael swept a hand through his hair, the image of her nose and eyes crinkling up as she laughed fresh in his mind. He moved to sit at his usual seat, the one right off the door next to the window.

Isabel came out from the back, holding the little tray of food. He looked up at her, smiling widely. "Why thank you, Isabel!"

She threw him a wink, and disappeared to the kitchen before he could say anything else. He had originally planned to ask her to sit down, but apparentally that wasn't gonna happen. He looked down at his danish, slightly disheartened, but noticed something. Isabel had stuck the sticky-note that read his order onto the plate, but had added her number in the margin.

Michael smirked, and quickly added her to his contacts list. Not wasting a moment, he texted her.

"Hey. Isabel."

"Isabel. Hey."

"I know you're in the kitchen, you should come see me."

When he got no response, he shoved his phone back into his shorts pocket, and made his way back into his kitchen of his own accord. Isabel was sitting on a counter, swinging her legs and listening to music through her headphones. When she caught his eye, she smiled cheekily so her dimples popped out even more than before, and hopped off, taking her headphones out.

"You found my note." she said it as if making sure he knew that, and of course he did.

After a few more bantering comments and pauses of silence, they fell into a rhythm. Michael didn't go back to work that day. He called in sick, and the two spent the day in the coffee shop, singing loudly to music they both liked, trying out the different pastries and drinks the kitchen had to offer, and talking.

When they parted ways, and Michael was on his way home, he stopped at a red light to throw his head back and lay still, thinking about the sheer luck of the day, and not missing redhaired Daniel one bit.

[OH MY GOD GUYS I JUST SAW IT WAS 3K READS AJKSDFJWIOEFJS ILY ALL]