new york city

3 days later

"So how's Teen Vogue been treating you?"

I sip on my latte eyeing Justin's presence. I haven't seen him in a while, I need to capture his face and what's so everything. It's the fourth of July. He's in New York and so am I, we agreed on seeing each other when we're here so I had to agree and come see him. Didn't mind though, I've been so lonely with literally no friends.

I swallow then after putting my drink down, "it's been really busy, since this whole thing so new to me. We've mostly been shooting though, but next I'm doing a Q & A interview. But either than that it's been really fun."

"That's sounds cool, I'm glad you're having a nice time." He smiles and looks into my eyes

I stop the stare asking a question, "so. Hailey, is the friend you brought here?" I say adding a little chuckle at the end to seem that I don't care.

Because I don't care

He seems a bit shocked that I asked that, "No, actually, we were just flying on the same jet, she's staying at the Lentz's, I booked a hotel."

Oh

"We were carpooling." He broke the silence

more like plane pooling.

Lol, i'm funny.

"Is that the last time you've seen her? Since the flight?" I asked him picking up my coffee

"Yeah basically," he replies, "hey i'm still really sorry about Charlie. I didn't mean to ... ruin anything?" he said feeling awkward to say that since it was about me and another guy

I shrug, "i'm honestly over it. And we're not dating so it's nothing too deep."

I haven't spoken to Charlie lately. Last thing he says was have fun in NY. That was about it.

he puts on a proud look, "well good, because if i could go back in time, i wouldn't change anything."

I give him a 'stop' look, "Justin."

"What?"

"I really don't have to explain what,"

"I'm not going lie to you and say i regret kissing you. Because I don't."

*time lapse*

"what now?" he breaks the silence

"huh?" I asked looking at him.

We're walking back to our hotels. We aren't in the same hotel but it was close by.

"Do you want to still hang out? It is fireworks day. We could finally go watch Incredibles 2." He says throwing out ideas on what we could do.

He has his hands in pocket, he's wearing a huge black jacket, with a hoodie on, guess he thinks it's quiet cold today

"You know, you could just say no," He laughs after I didn't give him a reply, I could tell he's a little hurt

"I'd love to hang out but i'm hanging out with my friend Nicola tonight. i'm having dinner with her and her boyfriend."

"Oh, alright." He chuckles

"what?" I ask reassuring on his laugh

"Don't you think you're the third wheeler?"

"Psht? No?" I say giving him a confused look, "Why would I?- Oh. Oh." I say and stop walking for a second to realize how much he's right.

Why didn't i realize that?

"well if you change your mind, you know where to find me." he smiles

i look at away and nod, "totally."

"nice seeing you holls," he almost whispers, coming forward to my direction.

I don't know why i thought he was either going to give me a hug. Or even a kiss.

Because he only walked past me, away back to his hotel.