jinrose; anchor

prompt CEO, overprotective, clingy; jinrose

Finally a jinrose oneshot after 17383729292 years wew wew thank you for letting me achieve my goal of writing for rose x all bts members hehe 💕💕

>

"Seokjin, I'm not a child. I don't need five babysitters to watch over me. This is a goddamn charity dinner, for crying out loud."

He's always been iffy about the five year age gap, but that doesn't give him enough reason to treat her like a four year old that doesn't know her wrong from right.

Chaeyoung knows he hears her loud and clear across the room, yet it has to take her physically making her way over and towering over his laptop screen for her to get a response.

And one she doesn't want to hear, if anything.

"Alright, I'll send one of them away."

Her eyes widen in disbelief as she gawks at his method of trying to pacify her.

"Just one? Tell all of them to leave."

"Baby, I can't do that."

"You can, you just don't want to," she argues back, reading through his lies well enough.

He sulks, sheepish that he's been read like a book but eventually gives in to her anyway.

"Fine, but take one of them at least, that's the furthest I'm going to concede on."

She relents reluctantly, but makes sure he knows she's not fully pleased with his decision as she stomps off to the connecting room to check herself in the mirror once more.

It takes roughly five seconds, she counts in her head, before she hears a sigh, then the sound of the chair dragging against the wooden floor.

Chaeyoung tries not to smile too wide when she sees him approach through the standing mirror.

He doesn't apologize, but neither does he harp about her safety like he usually does and she figures it's probably because he's too tired to start another argument that would drain a good amount of energy needed to finish reviewing the rest of his report. She knows she's right when he doesn't hesitate to wrap both arms around her, before dropping his head lazily onto her exposed shoulder. He's especially clingy when he's tired, so she doesn't swipe his hands off, even though it makes the task of wearing her necklace slightly harder. She supposes if it helps to elevate a little bit of his fatigue, then she could bear the extra weight wrapped around her like a rug just for a while.

They stand around in silence for a while until he decides to lift his head and stare at her through the mirror.

"You look beautiful, by the way."

She's dressed in a custom vera wang gown, dangling Tiffany and co earrings and Alexander McQueen Stillettos so naturally, it wouldn't be surprising that she's met the standard of beautiful.

The only thing that pricks her subtly is the fact that none of these came out of her own wallet, but a black platinum card handed to her just one day before she was made to go shopping for her outfit.

"Beautiful enough for a CEO's fiancé?" She whispers back, though she knows he's heard it by the way he tightens his grip around her.

The apparent age gap hadn't been the only thing that tested their relationship before, her status as a average income earning citizen stuck out like a sore thumb against his lavish background that consisted of fifteen hotel franchises internationally and rights to almost every casino in Vegas.

There didn't seem to be an occasion for them to even cross paths, but somehow they did and after several turned down arranged marriages and one big fight with his family because of that, here they were, happy-these days she's not sure if it's still the right word to use- and blissful after they'd fought so hard to be together.

"No, because that standard doesn't exist."

Chaeyoung frowns at him through the mirror and he sweeps some of her hair away to show some skin, before pressing a light kiss against the base of her neck.

"I'm looking for a partner who loves me for who I am, who's going to stay beside me throughout and that's the reason you're standing here."

Seokjin's never been shy with expressing his affection for her, and though she wants to say she's gotten used to it by now, it doesn't mean she's not going to blush and hide her face in her hands when he's being so straightforward it makes her weak in the knees.

She feels him chuckle against her neck, warm breath radiating heat across her body she has to separate herself slightly before she starts sweating.

"You're not afraid I'll run away with your money?"

She tries to tease him in return, hoping it'll get a reaction out of him equally when it's obvious her breathing sounds heavier than his.

He laughs, playing along with her but even still, she can hear the tiny burst of uneasiness strung into his reply.

"I'm more afraid you'll run off with another man."

Chaeyoung smiles softly, though it's more for herself than him when she lightly runs her hand over their engagement rings.

He'd gotten her a five carat diamond with a titanium band, so it was slightly heavier than what you'd normally find in stores, but what made up most of the weight she thinks, was all the promises he'd spoken of when he proposed to her. It's not a light load to carry, but she knows Seokjin will always be there to ground her, firmly and stably like an anchor attached to the seabed, she would be stupid if she ended up choosing to float.

"And if I do?"

She questions playfully, though the tight grasp she has around his hands tell a different story.

"Then I'd chase you to the ends of the earth if I had to, you're not getting rid of me that easily," he threatens, but ends up smiling at the way she takes the initiative to intertwine their fingers.

"Good, because I'm never letting you go either."