taerose; coffee?

prompt spellbound, collide, silence; taerose

soooo I might have underestimated my ability to write less than a 1000 words but whatever this is an exception heh 

>

There are two things that Kim Taehyung swears to never believe in: magic and love at first sight.

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry!"

A sharp exclaim comes from above him after the dramatic collision, but with half of his white button up drenched in hot black coffee the first thing in the morning, Taehyung's not exactly in the mood to reply, neither does he welcome the hand that's urgently patting over his shirt with napkins as if they were trying to make the fucking stain already bigger than it was.

So he swipes off the foreign object without looking up, a grunt escaping his lips as the napkins flutter to the floor in a pile.

"Just my luck," runs out gritted teeth before he knows it, because the last thing he'd expected on top of being late for work was for someone else to spill their morning caffeine fix on him while he was rushing for work.

And goddammit he doesn't even like coffee, nor can he stand the smell of it.

"I'm so sorry, I really didn't see you when I turned!"

He bites back a well it's time to get fucking glasses because one, that's just his current anger talking and two, he doesn't even know if this person's already wearing glasses- which reminds him to snap his chin up and take a look because he still hasn't pinned the culprit's face in the back of his mind for an impending lifelong grudge.

When he does, everything else seems to stop around him in a silence.

He takes in red hair, bright eyes and fluffy cheeks and all of a sudden, he cannot bring himself to feel angry anymore.

The apologetic lady looks just a few years younger than him but the air of elegance she exudes makes him quick to dismiss the possibility that she might be a spoiled, bratty daddy's girl despite the custom made Chanel suit she's wearing.

He's pleasantly surprised, because out of the many wealthy, young socialites he's encountered in his line of work, the one thing they had in common was the lack of manners for anyone else who had the decency to work for their own money. There's plenty of reason to assume she's just the same he wants to argue, so he doesn't go and raise her further than she already is on a pedestal in his eyes until- 

"Please let me buy you a new shirt, I'm really, really sorry."

Kim Taehyung believes the appropriate word to use is impossible, but his brain cannot come to an agreement despite her defying all his beliefs, and for once he thinks being spellbound is not such a bad thing after all. Falling in love at first sight comes to a close second.

She's saying something that's probably Korean, yet he finds such a hard time making sense of her words until he realizes its because he's been staring at her face more than listening to her speak.

He does pick up a hint of a foreign accent though when she jumbles up certain words but at this point in time, he only has enough capability to process it as something adorable rather than a mistake.

She's staring at him and he realizes she's probably waiting for an answer to a question he didn't even pay attention to.

"What?" He asks, sounding like the eloquent man he is.

She's nice enough to repeat her question with a softer, more sincere gaze that has taehyung melting in the knees.

"Where do you work?"

"Crockfords tower," he blurts, before regretting it immediately when he sees her reach for her purse.

"Wait, you don't have to-" he starts, even though he's sure buying one of these shirts wouldn't even burn a hole in her wallet, unlike how it did for him.

"I insist," she cuts him off and he shuts up obediently, as if controlled by some kind of submission spell he's willing to believe is cast by her.

"I have a meeting to attend in ten minutes, but I'll make sure to send it over once I'm done."

She's writing a mess of numbers down and he can only watch with his mouth open when he realizes it's probably her contact number.

"Just in case you think I might run away," she says with a sheepish smile, before stuffing the napkin into his hands.

He almost blurts out a I hope you don't, but manages to control himself in time so he doesn't interrupt the apologetic smile she's sending his way before she rushes out the cafe.

It's only after the last trails of her red hair vanish from sight that he blinks, feeling the scribbled piece of napkin weigh heavy in his hand from a promise he's not even confident she'll actually keep.

His suspicions turn out true, because she doesn't show up and for once he wishes he'd been wrong, fingers crumpling the napkin he's stuffed carelessly and quite disappointingly in the pocket of his pants.

He exits the building with his head down, the gloominess on his face apparent as he continues to chide himself about being so whipped in just a short amount of time when he hears,

"There you are! I almost thought I'd gotten the wrong building."

He snaps up and it's her, leaning against a limo as she smiles at him, a gucci shopping bag hanging from her wrist.

He's too stunned to function or reply, so she makes her way over and Taehyung hates how he can kind of trace the movement of her hips despite the suit she's clothed in. 

"I hope I got your size right," she lifts up the shopping bag, smiling hopefully.

He's awestruck but still retains the common sense to take it from her, almost dropping the bag when their hands brush by accident.

He saves himself from embarrassment but it doesn't last when he opens the gift and realizes she's not only bought him the exact shirt, but included a matching tie to go along with it.

Taehyung drops the bag the same time he admits falling in love at first sight is not utter bull crap after all.

It's a jumble of arms and hands reaching out for the discarded bag on the floor, but despite his pounding heart he still manages to slip in a sorry and thank you somewhere in between before he gathers whatever courage he has left to ask,

"Can I...take you out for coffee sometime?" 

There's a pregnant pause between them and he thinks he's messed everything up until her eyes morph into this playful gleam that he honestly wouldn't mind seeing for the rest of his life. 

Her voice sounds like silky satin against his ears when she finally opens her mouth to speak. 

"You're not afraid I might spill my drink on you again?"

A smooth smirk pulls at his lips, and he's silently thanking the years of education he's been through because it's finally paying off in the best way possible.

"I wish you would, so it'd give me one more excuse to see you again."