rosekook; sugar rush

prompt Cold-hearted, sweet, arranged marriage; rosekook

>

Park Chaeyoung is nothing close to what he's expected.

She's prettier in reality, a little taller than he's imagined and the worst of all, she's incredibly well-mannered which usually never happens with the girls he's been set up with so far.

Park Chaeyoung is the epitome of sweet, and Jeongguk only likes coffee, yet he doesn't seem to mind the added sugar content, discovering his sweet tooth in little bursts of flavor packages he consumes as he gets to know her better, almost forgetting his distaste for anything too sweet because he nearly loses the cold-hearted, ice facade he's sworn to put on throughout this entire arranged date, or what he likes to call a business transaction.

It gives him a sugar rush, which is not quite within his vocabulary because the only kind of rush he's experienced in is- obscenely put- a quickie.

He's not used to slow and steady, but Park Chaeyoung takes her sweet time, enjoying every morsel of her lunch and Jeongguk can't even bring himself to complain, because encouraging her to continue at this pace is all he can think of, finding a peculiar sense of enjoyment in watching her eat.

As much as Jeongguk hates to admit it, she's harmless, and if the way she claps at how good the food tastes is not a good enough indicator, then he doesn't know what should.

He observes a kind of childlike nature in her when it comes to eating, being possessive over what she orders and has to have the first bite before anyone else, but to his surprise, he doesn't hate it.

He even stares the waiter down who had mistakenly thought she was done with her dessert and tried to clear it, only to be met with a pout and he swears he'd almost beat the guy up if not for his immense self-control.

He wonders why this acclaimed self-control doesn't work when it comes to her, reaching out to wipe at a crumb on the corner of her lips before he even knows it, hand withdrawing as fast as his face colors a shade of embarrassed and mortified while she tries to hide a smile.

By the end of the date, he's not sure which he should feel more horrified about- the cracking of his facade or admitting that he has no concerns in wanting to wife her up.

Park Chaeyoung smiles innocently at him, as if she hadn't just swung into his life and made a complete mess of it, tangling up what was once clear, determined lines even more as she dares to plant a soft kiss against his cheek to thank him for paying for the meal.

And Jeon Jeongguk does the one thing he's never expected to see himself doing-pressing a palm against his warm cheek and staring at her disappearing figure like the love struck fool he's made fun of so many times in the cliche dramas that his mom enjoys watching.

(He manages to bring himself to hold her hand on the second date, earning enough confidence to kiss her on the third shyly to confirm she tastes even sweeter than she looks.)