CHAPTER 14

Vicky was very glad when the bell rang. The day had been all but a roller coaster ride for her. She wanted nothing more than to get out of the gymnasium, snatch her stuff from the locker and simply disappear.

She hurried up the stairs and ran to her locker. She wanted to leave before Levi showed up again. Vicky suddenly felt very stupid to have told Samthon so much about how she felt towards Levi. He would wonder why she felt that way, and would definitely be curious. God forbid he tell Levi what she said. But then again, what if he already had? Now would be a really good time for the earth to split open and swallow her up.

But as luck would have it, just as she was turning the key, a familiar voice called out to her.

"Hey Vicky."

She didn't need to turn to know that it was Levi, in all his loose tank top, muscular chested glory.

She still turned despite her better judgement and instantly felt her breath hitch.

A sweaty, messy haired Levi, tall and rocking a pair of shorts, was staring into her eyes.

"Vicky?" he said, sounding a bit confused, but she didn't really notice. Her mind was focused on the fact that the person she'd always liked, a very handsome, unfairly sexy human was calling out her name.

The stuff wet dreams were made of...not that she had wet dreams...not that it was bad or anything ... just that she would ever tell anyone if she did...

Damn it. Why didn't the frigging day just end already?

"You okay?" he asked waving a hand in front of her face. "Hello?"

She snapped out of her daze. "What?" she said trying not to look at his lips. So very kissable.

"I wanted to know where you live." he said casually stuffing his sports gear into his locker.

"What?" she repeated. Was she hearing him correctly? Oh he has perfect dimples,when he smiles.

I think I need help.

"Um, are you sure you're okay?" he said shutting his locker and looking slightly concerned as he faced her. "You seem a bit slow."

That fixed her real quick.

"I am not slow." she snapped.

"Wow." he said letting out  a slow whistle. "So wanna tell me your address so I can go apologize to your Dad?"

"What?" she said helplessly.

"There we go again." said Levi with a laugh. "It's okay though. Just tell your old man I said I was sorry. If he comes to drop you to school tomorrow, I'll apologize properly."

"You want to apologize to my Dad?" she said frowning. Levi didn't seem like he repented anything.

"Yes." he said scratching the back of his neck looking away from her.

"Samthon forced you, to didn't he?" she said finally understanding.

"Maybe." he said a slight blush covering his cheeks as he looked back at her again, a somewhat sheepish smile gracing his mouth.

If there was anything better than a semi-clothed Levi after a game, it was probably a blushing semi-clothedLevi after a game.

She really wanted to tell him she liked him. Really wanted to ask him out. Really really wanted to touch the soft curl falling over his eyes.

But it was only the first day of school. He had barely spoken to her for more than a couple of days. There was no way he could like her back so soon, and if she asked him out he'd probably say no.