✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

He doesn't remember ever being this close with a kid before. Considering that he's socially awkward and terrible with people younger and older than him. But Moonbyul seems to be making a nest on his chest.

She's curled up against him, burying her face into his shirt and sleeping soundlessly. He watches as her body rises and lowers as she takes in short stable breaths. Slowly, he wraps an arm around the little girl, soothing her by rubbing her back.

Yerim looks up over her shoulder from where she's been staring out of the window of Jeongguk's room. She sees the way Moonbyul is curled up against him and smiles. "Is she asleep?"

Jeongguk looks up and nods. Yerim strides over and sits on the edge of his bed. Leaning down, she moves a fringe covering the little girl's face and tucks it behind her ear.

"She deserves the entire world," she says, a tone of slight remorse in her voice.

Jeongguk shifts his body a little to make himself comfortable. "I've never uh," he pauses and rubs his nape. Yerim raises an eyebrow.

"You've never...?"

He hesitates. She guesses it and chuckles.

"Been this close to a child before?"

Jeongguk nods, feeling the embarrassment slowly creeping in.

"No surprise," Yerim frowns teasingly and Jeongguk has the urge to pinch her cheeks out of irritation and also how soft they look. "Well at least you do now," she adds when she sees the boy beginning to sulk.

"So many of my firsts happened here," Jeongguk confesses. "In a place I thought would be filled with my lasts-"

"Don't even get started," Yerim puts a finger over his lips, shutting him up. She tosses him a sharp warning glare. "Let's make a rule shall we? No sad shit allowed."

This time it's Jeongguk who puts a finger up to her lips. "Shhhhsgh, no cussing in front of children."

She flinches back and swats his finger, forehead slightly creasing as her eyebrows furrowed. "She's asleep, relax!" She whisper-shouts.

"She might not be!"

"Rule number #1 of being my comrade," Yerim clears her throat and pretends not to hear what he just said. "Nothing sad allowed as long as we're still in here. No sad stories, no sad faces and no crying," she enunciates the last two words and looks up at Jeongguk with a persistent gaze.

Jeongguk licks his bottom lips and looks up to think for a moment. After a moment he lets out a sigh in defeat. "Fine, captain. What's rule #2?"

Yerim grins. "Have fun."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

He should've known that have fun in Yerim's dictionary is basically get into trouble.

When she drags him out of his bed that night and tells him to get dressed into something that isn't the boring hospital gown, Jeongguk knows that she's up to nothing good.

"Are you heavy?" Yerim asks as she tosses him a piece of candy. They're walking in the quiet hallway and there are a few nurses passing by every now and then. Jeongguk wonders why they haven't been very suspicious of them yet. Anyone who have seen how Yerim's face looks tonight would know that she's probably planning a heist.

She's wearing a cute pair of fluffy white gloves and slippers. Her t-shirt looks pretty thin and for awhile Jeongguk contemplated on going back to his room to get a jacket for her.