xᴠ. Revelations

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

"What a slut time is. She screws everybody."

Yerim doesn't come find him that day

Yerim doesn't come find him that day. And the day after. And the day after that.

For some reason Jeongguk feels restless. Although he knows clearly that he hadn't done anything wrong to offend or hurt her feelings, he can't help but feel like Yerim was ignoring him.

He's contemplated a dozen times between talking to her or wait like a coward until she finally feels better. He takes the latter choice, a mistake because it only makes him feel more and more restless and guilty. As if something's missing.

As if a part of him is gone.

Jimin drags a hum that manages to get Jeongguk's ears vibrating even when he's on the other side of the line. "Yerim's giving you the cold shoulder? Well that's unusual, did you do something wrong?"

They had exchanged numbers before Jimin got discharged—for emergency purposes, the older had said—and Jeongguk has never really thought that his number would come in handy. After all, he's awkward around people older than him?

Well not really but who wouldn't be self conscious when speaking to the epitome of the sun.

But desperate times call for desperate measures and Jeongguk was surprised that the older bothered enough to picked up.

"I'm positive that I'm innocent?" he replies slowly, dragging the words as if he isn't sure himself. What did he do wrong? "Is it her mood swings?"

"Nah, she doesn't usually get that. I've been her friend there for like a little more than 2 weeks and she's basically Dora the Explorer 2.0. Never happy, never sad."

Jeongguk licks his bottom lip and leans down on his arms on the railings of the rooftop. The calm breeze sweeps into his hair, sending it into a mess that he doesn't bother fixing anymore. "Ahh, what do I do?" He doesn't even realise that he's whining.

Jimin responds with a laugh, amused by his desperation. "Did anything happen this week? Think, Jeongle, think."

"Jeongle—Weeeeellll," Jeongguk slurs. Should he just tell him the truth? "There was this guy who came over to visit her with his fiance a few days ago."

"And?"

"Do you know a Kim Taehyung?"

"Kim Taehyung? Ahhh, that fancy Gucci ass?"

"Gucci wha—yeah, that's him. He's Yerim's ex boyfriend. Wait, how do you know him?"

"He's an old friend. But we don't contact much anymore. So he's Yerim's past lover, huh?" Jimin sounds awed, as if he's been hearing news of their past relationship for the first time.

Jeongguk sighs and rubs his forehead as he mumbles, "Apparently. And he's engaged."

"So let me get this straight; Yerim's ex guy visited her with his fiance and now she doesn't want to talk to you?" Jimin asks.