xᴠɪɪ. Beauty in Pain

Attached song above, suits this one really well I promise

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

"It's not hard to own something. Or everything. You just have to know that it's yours, and then be willing to let it go."

The night, unlike he'd expected it, went by all too fast

The night, unlike he'd expected it, went by all too fast. Jeongguk and Yerim were talking, laughing at the lame jokes they'd make to the point where they began to cry. He pointed out something about the way the bride smiles like "someone always on the look out for someone to snatch her wig" to which Yerim snorts on her champagne.

Sure, they caused a huge mess that probably embarrassed them, judging by the looks the other guests sent them from their table and the other tables surrounding them. But none of them seemed to care.

All he can see is her smile, all he can hear is her beautiful laughter. He wishes that he could prolong this moment. Just the both of them dressed in pretty clothes and drinking expensive champagne. A once in a lifetime chance he'd wish for everyday.

Right now, Jeongguk is wiping a tear slipping out at the tips of his eyes after Yerim has given him an entire paragraph rant about how Pluto should be considered a planet. And no, neither of them have idea how they even skipped from dissing the newlyweds and guests to discussing about outer space.

"Just because it's small doesn't mean it's not a planet. That's just discrimination," She prompts. "I mean Jimin is small but he's still a man right?"

At this, Jeongguk cracks up and Yerim clicks her tongue in disappointment. "I'm losing my faith in humanity," He says through uncontrolled laughter.

"Come on, let's get some more drinks," She smacks his thigh lightly and reaches for her empty glass.

"But shouldn't we greet the couple first?"

"We have priorities."

Jeongguk chuckles and after rubbing his eyes for the nth time, he looks up to see that she isn't laughing anymore. Instead, she clears her throat as she stares at something at her side. He follows her gaze to see Kim Taehyung approaching them with a pleasant smile on his face.

"Yerim," he says good-naturedly. "You came."

Yerim shrugs and smiles. "I wouldn't miss it for the world."

"You don't know how much this means to me. Thank you so much," Taehyung says. He turns to Jeongguk and smiles. "Jeongguk, right?"

Said boy nods.

"Thank you for bringing her here. I'm grateful," the groom says genuinely with a tilt of his head. And then he bends down to take Yerim's hand in his before giving it a brief peck. She visibly freezes on contact and when Taehyung looks back at her with a smile, she awkwardly takes her hand back and averts her eyes.