Chapter 59

Natalie's Pov

Minutes after Xander left me to get dressed, I took a relaxing hot shower to soothe my aching muscles. I guess it's harder to carry 2 babies inside you than 1 and you definitely feel their little kicks. Honestly I'm loving every moment of it even if it causes me pain. I know at the end of this it will be more than worth it because I love these babies so much and I know when we meet them that love will grow even more if that's possible. I don't like to tell Xander when I'm in pain because he's such a worry wart. I know he loves me and I love him more than my own life but I also don't want him to stress about anything especially not with everything that's happened with his father lately.

I know his father hates me. His mother hates me too. They believe I really ruined his life by helping him through his own darkness. I never meant to hurt or upset anyone, I never meant for it to be like this but that night when he was screaming, that night when he had his worst nightmare I knew I had to help him. I knew I could never leave him alone, by himself to get threw all that pain with no help. I couldn't let him suffer any longer because no one deserves to be alone. No one ever should have to grow up without a family. I wish I didn't have to but if anything my life experiences have made me stronger. And no matter what I made a promise to my babies that I will always be their family.

Remembering that promise I bring a hand over my swollen belly. "Mommy loves you both so much. Always know you will always have mommy around no matter what happens to us. Daddy loves both more than words can express too, and I know he would make the same promise to you as I make to you now".

After drying off and putting in my lace bra and panty set, I finally slip on the breath taking Royal blue gown. This must have cost a fortune and Xander knows I feel guilty when he spends lots of money on me but he doesn't care about that. He says I'm his princess and he will never stop spoiling me.

I begin to apply my makeup which consists of a navy blue eye shadow, a black eye liner a light powder, concealer and lip gloss. I never usually apply much makeup but I decided to go a little different tonight after making sure it's not too much. I slip on my matching blue flats Xander bought me and I smile in realization of the fact that he notices hills make my feet ache. And now that I'm pregnant heels can be a danger so that explains why he hid them all.

I walk down the stairs carefully, keeping hold on the rail until I reach ground. The sound of my shoes padding against the floor echo into the living room where I come face to face with a very mouth watering Xander. Oh I could just eat him up. What am I saying ? Get your thoughts together Natalie. He is wearing a black tux with a red and black bow tie, his beautiful black hair gelled back neatly. His thousand dollar pure gold navifore watch secure around his wrist and his polished black shoes fit his feet perfectly.

Wow I wish I looked like a God. He takes my hand in his, kissing my palm before holding it to his chest and cupping my cheek in his other hand. I smile up at him as I have to crane my neck back just to meet his eyes. "You are so....beautiful ...my sweet sweet love." I giggle at his kind words as he smiles at me. I kiss his hand that rests upon my cheek lovingly before taking his hand in mine. "Shall we?" I ask and he nods before we both head outside and into our awaiting lemo.

Arriving to what Xander calls a Gala, we both walk inside the luxurious and grand building with Xander's arm wrapped securely around my waist. One thing I also love about this dress is that it shows off my not too big baby bump.

The orchestra plays on the stage ahead of us as the sweet music hums if the instruments fill the air. We walk further until we spot Xander's Aunt Martha who looks ecstatic to see us as she rushes up to bring both into a bear hug. "Oh my sweet boy and my beautiful Natalie. I'm so happy you've made it here. Your uncle Jack unfortunately did not have the heart to attend this event tonight as he says he's been caught up with work. Oh and Xander, your father is here. His little helper Andrew might be here as well so be prepared." She explains carefully.