Chapter 4

Natalie's Pov

I wake up the same time as usual, get dressed for my work and head out after I grab a bite to eat. On my way to work I couldn't help but think about the mesmerizing blue orbs i dreamt about last night. I honestly don't know why but ...it's like I can't get him out of my mind. In my heart I know I want to see him again, but I also know that if everything Gabby says about his lifestyle is true , I definitely don't want to get involved with him in any way. As I keep walking I feel eyes on me, and so I whipped around to look behind me but was met with nothing. Shaking it off I shrug and continue to make my way to work.

When I arrive at the diner, I greet gabby and immediately start my shift as our boss , Mr smith says we have an important visitor that is a friend of his will be coming by for a visit with him. "Good morning staff" he greets us and continues "As you all may or may not be aware of, I have an extremely important guest visiting us today. Now upon my absence yesterday I have a new rule for all of you this morning. I want this entire place spotless before 12:00pm otherwise some checks will be cut short. After you have cleaned the entire diner, you may start your usual shift. Dismissed". He says as we all immediately start rummaging around for cleaning supplies. Some of the staff were murmuring and complaining under their breath, but me, I can't afford to mess anything up because this is the only job I can depend on right now until I can find some more work. "He must be off his but this morning " gabby huffs as I laugh a little because of her frustration.
Soon enough we are all buried in our work , trying to make the place as spotless as possible.

It is now 11:45 and we have just finished cleaning. We've been working since 7:30 this morning and we haven't even started our regular shifts yet. Our boss will be back any minute with his so called "Important friends". Hopefully he will be pleased with our work otherwise our checks will be cut in half. And when boss says that, he means it. I used to think it was because he was just a mean person but, I actually goes deeper than that. You see, he lost his wife and child in an accident 10 years ago and ever since has been this....stone cold man. I do pity him but I don't despise him in any way because when you experience a loss like that, I turns your whole life around . And because of that I just will be absolutely patient with him. He means well I guess but just ....can't always show it? But maybe , just maybe he might come around some day.

"NINA!!!" Gabby yells and I quickly turn to face her only to find the gigantic grin upon her face. "Looks like your billionaire has returned after all." she says with a humorous smile which leaves me stunned. "What do you mean Gabbs"? She nods her head towards the dining area and I follow her out, only to find the one person that I couldn't get out of my head, the only eyes that wouldn't leave my dreams last night.

Xander Moretti.

Xander's Pov

After I met my love yesterday, I had some of my men track her down and get information on her. She's 21 her name is Natalie Orez but is nicknamed Nina for short. She was an orphan growing up and left the orphanage at age 18 to find work . She owns a 1 bedroom apartment and lives alone . The thought that she lived alone angered me because she lives in a dangerous part of town. I wanted her home with me . So I could protect her, keep her safe from all the harm in this world. So I could hold her close to me at night, wake up and caress those beautiful soft brown cheeks as she slept safe and sound at home, with me. So I could kiss those soft lips, run my fingers through her dark curls. She is just so innocent, so shy and I didn't want to scare her off so I must wait. But all that will take place in due time. And when I have her, I'll never let her go. For she is the love of my life, I knew it when I first saw her, when I first heard that beautiful gentle voice, looked into those dark eyes with specks of brown in them. I knew then I couldn't wait to have her all to myself, to love her forever, to make sweet and passionate love to her, marry her and one day watch her swollen with my child. But for now I have to gain her trust and get to know my angel as much as possible before we start our life together.

I sat with my friend Jacob inside the same diner I met my angel yesterday. He had just come back from Ohio where his deceased family's graves lie.

We are now talking about business as he would like to relocate the diner so he can get more customers. We talked for about 30 minutes but into the conversation, a certain someone caught my eye. My beautiful love was with who I'm guessing a coworker and would steal glances over to our table quickly but would look away when I would look in her direction. I chuckled to myself. My angel is so cute. I watched as she scurried away back to the kitchen. "I see you've taken an interest in one of my employees Xander." says Jacob , his voiced laced with sarcasm.

"Yes I have actually. Bring her here, I want her to serve us coffee." He shrugs and gets up to summon my angel to me. She nervously walks out from the kitchen, trailing behind him with her head down. He then whispers something into her ear and I see her stiffen, then I noticed something flash in her eyes. Fear. I gripped the table in anger at the thought of him upsetting my angel.

What could he have possibly said to her to make her so frightened , I don't know but I will find out immediately.

"Hello sir , it's lovely to see you here again at the diner. Is there anything I can start you off with?" Asks my love as she takes out her note pad and pen.

My eyes soften at her sweet , gentle voice. "Yes love, your Vanilla cappuccino actually." she quickly beams up at me with a smile upon her face. I noticed even sitting down I still tower over her ."Yes sir, I will bring it immediately, umm ..can I get you anything boss?" She asks him a bit fearfully? But why?

"No, now get his Order before I fire you! " he barks at her, scaring my angel as she runs to the kitchen to get the coffee. "What the hell is wrong with you?!! How dare you speak to her in such a manner !" I yell at him and he instantly becomes quiet the stutters.

"I-a-am-S-sorry . The employees work better when I talk to them like that." He says as I am still fuming with anger.

"The next time you speak to her like that you will be out of a job and I will PERSONALLY see to it that you do not find work anywhere else. Do I make myself clear?" I question him in direct authority.
He quickly nods his head as we hear glass crash to the floor.