Chapter 24

Natalie's Pov

Walking from the locker room as I've just changed into my regular clothes I think of what happened earlier. The nerve of him to show up after all this time. I waited in the bathroom until he left and Gabby came to let me know when he did, which of course led to me telling her what happened. She's known about Andrew from years ago because I told her about him sometime after we'd met. Exiting the diner I come to find one of Xander's drivers standing next to the huge SUV. He politely greets me then opens and closes the car door. Sitting inside I think about how I should tell Xander of what occurred earlier in the diner. I don't want to worry him about if since he will already be stressed with work but I will not hide it from him, I might wait to tell him when we get home. I also don't want to see him angry. Its actually kinda scary. I know he wont hurt me though....right?. Either way I turn my mind to something else as I come to realize I probably should've dressed better. I don't want to embarrass him by dressing lowly.

"We've arrived Mrs Moretti" I begin to laugh at the name, surely they are mistaken. "I'm sorry but I'm not Mr Moretti's wife."

'' Well ma'am, he told us to address you as such" man I love Xander for this, I really do but they cannont address me as such and we are not married. "I know you guys are just trying to obey Mr Moretti's orders, but my name is Natalie so please just call me Natalie or Nina for short. I will feel a lot more comfortable and I will talk to Xander about it myself." the guards both nodded in unison and led me inside the building. Walking inside I felt the uneasiness wash over me. I could tell I was getting long hard and cold stares from people and I just felt like I wanted to run away, from the tension, the whispers. But I wasn't leaving. Instead I held my gaze to the ground and continued on until we reached the elevators. Getting on was kinda funny because these 2 giant guards we standing in front of me looking so serious while I was making funny faces behind them. After a minute or 2 we get off and make our way towards his office. I hate to disturb him during his work. Maybe I should just asks the guards to take me back to the mansion.

*knock knock*

Well I guess that's a no. I then hear Xander's deep raspy voice telling us to enter. Striding into the office behind the two guards I keep my gaze locked on the floor. "Princess, come here". swiftly looking in his direction I notice the huge smile on his face. I guess someone made him happy. " I missed you my love, I was almost tempted to go and get you from your job but I held back the urge." I run up to him and kiss him softly on the lips. We both hear a cough indicating the guys were watching. "You guys are excused." following Xander's command instantly they both rush out the office. I let out a yelp as I feel myself being lifted off the floor and onto Xander's lap straddling him. "Umm Xander its ok I can sit on the couch I don't want you to be uncomfo-"

" Hush angel, I want you to sit right here. You're not going anywhere." he tightens his arms around me and I wrap my arms around his neck while resting my head gently against his chest. "Awe, is my angel tired? " laughing I bring my head up to place a kiss on his cheek. "Well I'm not nearly as tired as I should be. Today was kind of an easy day not to many people to serve. How is your work going so far?" 

"Better since you're here with me princess. Now did anything bad happen today that I should know about?" I suddenly tense as I think back to "Him". Gosh I know I have to tell Xander but how can I without him getting hot headed. I'm a little afraid of what he'll do but I know I most definitely will not tell him about my light panic attack. I don't want to bother him with something as little as that. I have it under control. But now I have to tell him about Andrew. "Well...uh you see there....there was like......umm.....maybe possibly a slight.....problem?" His eyes darken and his gaze hardens. "Tell me what happened right now" I begin to twiddle my fingers together. Something I always do when I'm Nervous. " Ok so this is going to sound really crazy and weird but once I tell you please try your best not to get angry?" he hesitantly nods his head and I continue. " So do you remember the story I told you about of my friend Andrew and how no one had found him"? he nods his head. "Ok well I found him and he came to the diner today and I didn't recognize him at first until he told me who he was and then started apologizing for leaving and then said he loved me and I told him I never wanted to see him again. And I really really don't. I love you and only you, I stopped liking him years ago and seeing him after all this time was just too much. I've moved on and I'm happier because you came into my life. I was so afraid to tell you because I thought you might think I still like him and I was afraid of what you'd do." tears start to burn and fall from my eyes and he wipes them away wih his thumbs. "Oh Mia Cara. You don't ever and I mean ever have to be afraid of me. I swear on my life I would never hurt you, no matter how angry I get I will never hurt the love of my life. Ever. And as for him don't worry I will take care of it, you never have to see him again okay?" I nod my head while sniffling. He holds my cheeks in my hands and kisses my forehead. "Its ok angel, you don't have to cry. I've got you and I'm never letting you go". Soon enough I ended up falling asleep in his arms but I didn't know until we were back at the mansion. I will admit part of the day was stressful but not unbearable. As long as I have Xander in my life I can make it threw anything and I will for him.

The rest of the day we spent cuddled in front of the fire place, his giant frame wrapped around my small body and I couldn't ask for anything better.