35 : TRENCH

"Here we are," Bandito said as she pushed aside the canvas flaps and walked inside the tent. "Hometown."

Tyler's lips tugged up into the tiniest ghost of a smile as he looked around the tent.

It was obviously the only place they had left to put Tyler and Josh. The inside was a mess. Ripped yellow flags, empty ammunition cartridges, blankets, shattered glass.

The only pieces of furniture were a large trunk overflowing with yellow and green clothes, and an old tattered bed.

Just enough room for two.

"Last tent we have," Bandito said with a little shrug. "Hope you don't mind sharing."

"Don't worry, Bandito," Tyler replied. "We don't mind."

Josh pretended to be suddenly very interested in the trunk full of clothes just so he could turn around and hide his blush.

"Ah, you've found our stash," Bandito laughed lightly. She walked over and pushed the trunk closer to the two boys.

Tyler and Josh exchanged glances before looking down at the bright yellow and army green pile of clothes at their feet.

"Uh...we don't really do this whole...color thing," Tyler said.

Bandito crossed her arms and stared at the boys, an unamused expression on her face. She looked them up and down.

Tyler wore skinny jeans and a black tee over a red long sleeved shirt. Josh had on black and grey camo sweatpants and a black tank top, along with a leather jacket.

"Yeah, I can tell," Bandito snapped, rolling her eyes. "But around here, we do things my way."

Tyler gave an amused smile.

"Alright," he mused. "Your way."

Bandito snapped her fingers and pointed down to the clothes.

"My way," she flashed a smile right back at Tyler. "Clancy will be in with your mission shortly."

✗✗✗✗✗

"Whoa, you guys look great!"

Clancy was standing in the entrance of the tent, a beaming smile plastered on his face. He was carrying a little brown book.

"Bandito clothes really suit you, Mr. Mad Gear, sir," Clancy said as he walked inside. "You too, Missile Kid."

Tyler looked down. He had chosen cargo pants and oversized army green coat.

Josh wore camo print pants, a button up yellow shirt, and a flower camouflage bandana around his neck.

It was a new era.

Clancy jumped onto the bed, the old springs squeaking under him as he bounced.

"So," the kid said, sitting criss cross on the bed. "The mission. C'mon guys, don't be shy."

Tyler cracked a smile, and he and Josh sat on the edge of the bed, one of them on either side.

Clancy opened his book, revealing scribbled writing, pictures taped crooked on the pages, and random things like feathers and fabric and folded papers sticking out of it.