22 : INTRUDER

"A problem?" Josh asked, crossing his arms over his chest. Even though he was wearing his shirt, he was still somehow self conscious of his scars. "What kind of problem?"

"What problem could be so important you had to tell me in the middle of the night?" Tyler scowled, annoyed that his alone time with Josh was interrupted.

Alex glanced at Tyler's bare chest before taking another breath and replying.

"Sir—" he began, but Jack pushed his shoulder back and answered for him.

"There's an intruder!" Jack exclaimed, his fingernails digging into Alex's shoulder.

Tyler's angry, tough expression was immediately replaced by one of shock and alarm. He took his hands out of his pockets and ran them through his hair.

"Outside or inside?" Tyler questioned. "Is he armed?"

"Inside, sir," Alex replied. "A-And we don't know. We couldn't tell."

"Shit," Tyler cursed under his breath. "What floor?"

"First, sir," Jack answered before Alex could. "East wing, B entrance. Should I sound the alarm?"

Alex smirked and looked up at Jack. He obviously knew his way around the Clique by now.

"Fuck no," Tyler snapped. "No alarm. This guy doesn't know you've seen him, does he?"

"No, sir," Jack shook his head. "He doesn't suspect a thing."

"Then let's keep it that way," Tyler ordered. "Renegade, take your squad and Donnie's over to the east wing. Tell 'em to bring a long-range weapon. Jack, make sure the entire west wing is on lockdown, including the infirmary and especially the armory."

"Yes sir!" Alex and Jack said in unison.

"Missile Kid," Tyler continued. "Get me my gun and round up as many snipers as you can."

"Yes T—" Josh nodded. He almost said Tyler, but he stopped himself.

"Jack, when you're done, take Horseshoe and his squad and join up with Renegade. Tell everyone to surround B entrance and be ready for my command."

"You got it, Mad Gear," Jack nodded, pulling a small handgun out of his belt.

"Make sure to only round up the squads I told you," Tyler snapped, his urgency and anxiety growing larger. "We don't need any extra people getting in the way."

"My squad, Donnie's squad, Horseshoe's squad, got it," Alex confirmed with a nod.

"If you see the intruder, don't kill him," said Tyler harshly. "Shoot 'em in the leg so he can't run, but whatever you do, don't kill him. Make sure everyone knows that."

Josh gulped. Not killing an enemy meant one thing, and one thing only.

Torture.

"Do what I say, and don't mess up," Tyler commanded, pointing at Alex and Jack. "If you do, there'll be consequences. Got it?"

Alex and Jack nodded before running off in their separate directions, ready to do their separate duties.

"Missile Kid, get me some snipers," Tyler said. "Tell 'em to set up shop on the second floor, east wing, pointing their guns at B entrance. Get some reinforcements near A entrance and the pit in case that bastard tries to run. Ya hear me?"

"Yes sir," Josh nodded.

Tyler suddenly stopped and gripped Josh's shoulder tightly with his hand.