5 : CONCERT

On the way to the pit, Tyler had explained what a concert, a Clique concert, was. His soft personality Josh had seen the night before and this morning slowly disappeared. The old Tyler was back.

Josh was now stood in the front of the pit, his abdomen pressed against the metal bar barricade. It hurt, but he didn't care. He smiled in excitement and nodded his head up and down with the music.

A Clique concert was much, much more than a normal concert. Clique members would perform songs they've wrote or covers of songs, crowd surf, drum battle, run in the hamster ball, and basically put on a damn good show.

But there was a catch. Multiple catches, actually. In addition to the music and alcohol there were weapons and explosives and knives and guns and even more alcohol.

Concerts were an idea first conceived by Brendon, not for entertainment, but to weed out the weak Clique members that somehow survived initiation. Tyler completely agreed with the idea. Anyone who got hurt or wasn't strong enough to defend themselves in the pit were kicked out fairly quickly.

As the Clique member finished playing their set, the only thing on Josh's mind was staying alive, staying in the Clique.

The crowd closed in on either sides, making Josh's anxiety rise. He forced himself to continue listening to the music. It wasn't a song he particularly liked, but music was the only way to distract him.

"Hey Kid!"

Josh looked to the side, where he saw Brendon pushing through the crowd to get to his side.

"Hey man!" Josh shouted over the deafening music and screaming.

"I lost ya back there!" The Green Gentleman yelled back, smirking at Josh.

"Yeah, this crowd is crazy!" Josh smiled, adrenaline rushing through his veins.

The Green Gentleman gave him a confused look.

"What?!" He shouted, putting his hand to his ear.

"Nothing!" Josh shook his head and turned back to the stage.

After only one more verse of the song, Brendon glanced up at the second floor loft that overlooked the stage.

"I'm gonna go!" He shouted to Josh.

Josh's eyes widened, and he reached out to grab Brendon's arm.

"Wait! You can't leave me here! I'll be alone—!" He yelled.

The Green Gentleman smirked.

"That's what concerts are for, Kid!"

With that, Brendon was gone. Despite the thousands of people around him, Josh felt alone.

He stood there and watched Brendon slowly disappear into the crowd. Did he really think he was weak? Did he really think he was going to be weeded out?

A Clique member saw Josh so distracted, and took his chance. He suddenly pulled out his knife and stabbed Josh, right in the shoulder.

Josh instantly cried out in pain and grasped at the dagger sticking out of his shoulder. He grit his teeth and yanked the piece of metal out of his flesh in one go.