BONUS : EPILOGUE ; PART 1

WE INTERRUPT THIS PROGRAM TO BRING YOU THIS IMPORTANT MESSAGE

THE PREVIOUS REPORTS REGARDING THE DEATHS OF TYLER ROBERT "MAD GEAR" JOSEPH AND JOSHUA WILLIAM "MISSILE KID" DUN WERE FALSE.

JOSEPH AND DUN ARE STILL ALIVE AND AT LARGE. IF YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION, CONTACT 911 IMMEDIATELY.

POLICE ARE STILL UNCERTAIN WHO MADE THESE FALSE CLAIMS, BUT ONE THING IS CERTAIN:

DON'T BELIEVE WHAT'S ON TV

AND NOW, BACK TO OUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED PROGRAMMING.

"Mad Gear."

"Come on, Mad Gear. Wake up."

"Sir, I don't want to have to do this, but you leave me no choice."

"Ha. That sounded really dramatic, didn't it?"

"Tyler, come on."

"Okay, that's it."

Even though Tyler was only half asleep, he sure as hell woke up when Josh literally jumped on top of him.

The bed bounced under his weight as he straddled Tyler and lightly shook him awake.

Tyler groaned and rubbed his tired eyes before squinting up at Josh.

"Josh," Tyler murmured, his voice still low and rough from sleep. "Is there a reason you're on top of me? I already told you morning sex wasn't my thing, Josh-"

Josh just laughed and leaned over to kiss him. "No no, Tyler, it's nothing like that," he said as he pulled away and sat up straight.

"Then what is it?" Tyler asked. He rubbed his face with his hands and yawned.

Josh couldn't help but smile down at his Tyler, laying there on the pillow, the soft morning light illuminating his pale face like an angel.

Josh leaned down and kissed him, smiling and laughing lightly against his lips.

"Waking up next to you everyday is really fucking great," Josh said, still smiling that squinty-eyed smile that Tyler loved.

"Is that all?" Tyler mused. He put his hands behind his head and shifted underneath Josh straddling him. "You woke me up just so you could be all soft?"

Josh kissed him again. He couldn't help it. Eventually something would come along again-something like the Sinners or Killjoys-that would take him away from Tyler, or Tyler away from him.

Josh knew that he needed to take advantage of every fucking living second he had with Tyler, because there was no telling how many living seconds they had left together.

"Mmm, any nightmares?" Tyler asked when Josh pulled away.

Josh smiled widely, his eyes squinting closed. "Nope," he replied, shaking his head.

Tyler returned his smile. "Put another X on the calendar, Josh," he said. "That's what, three nights in a row?"

"Four nights," Josh said proudly. "I already checked the calendar this morning. It's four nights."

"I'm really proud of you, Josh," Tyler went up to kiss him, and Josh leaned over to meet his lips. "Tell Youngblood the therapy is working."