⊱Chapter 25 🗡Dragon Bonding⊰

Start from the beginning

Clinging to the spike in front of me, I decide to try and talk with her through our connected thoughts instead of voicing out loud that I was all set. "Okay, I am ready." I frown as I have no clue if she heard me.

Instead of answering with her own thoughts she lifted up her wings, bringing them down with hard even strokes to help lift her form off the ground and into the air. As we continued to climb my hair flew about my head like a halo. Aggressively blinking to combat the tears that the gusts of wind were causing as I let out a yell of excitement.

I always dreamed of what it would be like to fly.

When we stabilized high in the sky Serina rolled a few times in the air. Completing intricate loops. I clung to the spike in front of me with all my strength, using my thighs as a stabilizer to keep me in place. But that didn't stop me from screaming out a few more times from the thrill.

I could hear her laughter ringing like a bell through my mind every time I let out my thrill for flying in a loud bellow. She leveled out again, though leaning slightly so I could see the view below us. "When we become more experienced and our bond grows stronger you can fight from anywhere. Even the wings." Serina informed me.

Though I wasn't ready to try something like that I was more than willing to try something else. "Serina, I want to try something. I have always wanted to know what it was like to fly on my own and to fall from the sky." Admitting sheepishly as a blush adorned my face, heating up the skin of my cheeks.

Her thoughts traveling to where mine were as she saw what I wanted to do. "I'm not stopping you Avian. If this is what you truly want to do, go for it." She encouraged with a slight telepathic nudge.

Grasping onto her encouragement I carefully lift myself out of the groove I was previously resting in. Lifting my legs so they were underneath me and maneuvering myself so I was at the base of her fully extended wing that was tipping slightly downwards as we were still at a tilt in the sky.

Positioning myself so as to not hurt Serina I silently slide down the leathery surface of her wing. Nearly reaching the end as she lifted her wing back into the air to keep herself in flight. Causing me to be thrown up farther as I flipped high into the sky.

Spreading my arms and legs, giggles of pure joy escape my lips as I felt the air rushing past me. Moving in twirls through the air as I twisted my body around, Serina dancing around me as she too laughed.

As the ground grew closer I knew I had to cut my fun short but I could always do this again another time. "Serina!" I called for my dragon as I twisted my body around once more in the air so I was facing the ground. My limbs splayed out to slightly decrease my speed.

I heard Serina's wings flapping before I saw her swoop underneath me. Gliding along with me so not to rush my landing. Reaching for one of her spikes as she glided along beneath me, I slightly tug myself out of the air landing in a graceful crouch on her back as she starts to ascend upwards once more. "That was fun! We must do that again." My mental voice teeming with excitement as well as sounding as much out of breathe as I was feeling from the heart racing experience.

"Maybe at another time, dear one. We have all the time in the world. For now it is time to return back down onto the ground." Serina murmured. Folding her wings against her back, Serina dove at a shallow angle. Pulling up well before coming close to the ground. Flapping a few times she landed smoothly, crouching down once more so I could easily slide off her back.

"I am extremely glad I found you when I did, Serina." I tell her honestly. Lifting up one of my hands to stoke the scales on her snout.

She closed her beautiful amethyst eyes as what sounded like a giant kitten purr rumbled deep within her chest. "As am I dear one. I don't think we would have lived much longer had you not sought me out." Her head lifting back into the air to look deep into my eyes as if she were peering into my soul.