Delivery

Jin:

Jin's eyes widen as the nurses start rushing around to prepare for the baby that was about to be here. His baby. The realization finally kicked in that his first child is about to be born and he was becoming a father. You looked over at Jin with fear in your eyes and he gives you an encouraging smile as your grip becomes tighter on his hand. A nurse wheels in a small baby crib and places it by the side of your bed ready for your little boy to lay in. 

The midwife then comes backs over and double checks your cervix before telling you,

"I can feel the baby's head, on your next contraction Y/N I need you to push as hard as you can okay? Mr Kim, give her encouragements each time it will motivate her more." 

"J-Jin." You stutter out in fear and pain. He gives you a small smile and kisses your knuckles gently. 

"It's okay, jagiya I'm here just breathe, you can do this." He says pecking your lips. Tears were ready to fall from Jin's eyes staring at you. His tears were from happiness of the realization he's about to meet his son and concern for you. 

"Oh my god, I can feel another contraction." You groan squeezing your eyes shut and squeezing Jin's hand tightly as you began pushing. 

"Breathe Y/N, you're doing amazingly, keep going!" Your midwife says encouragingly. Jin smiles at you proudly as you stop pushing because the contraction had ended. You look at him tears streaming down your face, panting for air. He breathes along with you, helping you to control your breathing before you started to push again.

"Keep it up sweetheart, he's crowning!" Your midwife says. You lay your head back onto the pillow groaning, eyes shutting exhaustion. 

"Jagiya, come on, you're almost there, just think he'll be in our arms in a few minutes." Jin says confidently squeezing your hand slightly. You take a deep breathe and burrow your chin to your chest as you began pushing for a third time. 

"The head's out Y/N! Just the shoulders and your little boy will be here." 

You feel a surge of energy and began to push harder and suddenly your cries were replaced with loud high pitch wails that echoed through the room and even Jungkook who was waiting outside heard which made him smile.

You gasp as your midwife holds your son up so you can see him and then places him on your chest. You laugh slightly, tears of happiness falling from your eyes. 

"Hey there Haneul, shh it's okay eomma's here." You coo kissing the top of his head softly. You look over to Jin who was staring at Haneul in awe, adoration and love clear in his eyes as he freely let his tears fall. Jin strokes Haneul's cheek before placing his finger in Haneul's hand, which he quickly grasped tightly making Jin chuckle. Jin kisses you gently and then kisses Haneul's tiny hand that was still grasping his finger.

"He's perfect jagiya...I'm so proud of you, thank you for giving us the best gift ever."

Kim Haneul 

4th June 2023

7 pounds 2 ounces